• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you a beta tester?
Only for hardware.... Why do you ask? Do you know of any hidden flaws in this addon or are you just trying to find out some goodies from a 'Beta Tester' in the stable release.

Keep looking, as I am just an addon supporter. I have to learn simple file structure before I get to learning simple coding or is it the other way around.... Meh! :)

Must be the empty site....

LN.blog.TeraPVP.webp

This site and all the others have a list of Blog Titles with a link to the entire Blog Post.
Is there an option for: Blog Title + Image + Preview Text with a link to entire Blog Post ?

Engadget is a good blog. Wordpress makes good blogs.

To me a blog is ..
  • Title ...
  • The top part of the article (Preview), may be comprised of words and an image that reflects the Blog entry.
  • [Read More] link to entire Blog entry.

An "Articles" Addon is ..
  • Title
  • [] link to entire article entry.

In this dichotomy, LN looks too articles-ish for me.

Engadget is a good blog. Wordpress makes good blogs.

To me a blog is ..
  • Title ...
  • The top part of the article (Preview), may be comprised of words and an image that reflects the Blog entry.
  • [Read More] link to entire Blog entry.
An "Articles" Addon is ..
  • Title
  • [] link to entire article entry.
In this dichotomy, LN looks too articles-ish for me.
That's why I said:

Not in Beta 3.
;)

There's a lot I need to do, and Beta 3 is the first of the big steps I need to take.

Does anyone know of a way to manually reintegrate previously imported blogs from vB (currently residing as threads in a hidden forum within Xenforo) into each corresponding user's blog? There's got to be some sort of manual method like logging in as the user or an SQL query. Even if I had to do them one by one. I have about 65 entries.

If I could complete this task, I could then go live with the blog.

Just looking from the work that has been done. My hat is off, incredible work Onimua. The beta3 version looks like I can now install on my board. Thanks for this amazing add-on again.

Does anyone know of a way to manually copy over the imported blogs from vB (currently residing as threads in a hidden forum) into each corresponding user's blog? There's got to be some sort of manual method like logging in as the user or an SQL query. I have about 65 entries.

If I could complete this task, I could then go live with the blog.
Like I've mentioned at least two times before, I'm going to be working on something that will handle this. :) Sometime next week is likely. I'll provide a bit more information on this when I'm ready.

Like I've mentioned at least two times before, I'm going to be working on something that will handle this. :) Sometime next week is likely. I'll provide a bit more information on this when I'm ready.

Not trying to be buggy. Just looking for away around "waiting". It's a cool mod and my users are bugging me about it. You've done a very good job with it. Thanks!

Just as soon as I can use it, count me in for a donation.

Not trying to be buggy. Just looking for away around "waiting". It's a cool mod and my users are bugging me about it. You've done a very good job with it. Thanks!

Just as soon as I can use it, count me in for a donation.
I understand, but in order for it to be done properly Beta 3 had to be released, mainly for attachment support, but also a few other back-end things as well.

Your information will prove crucial in creating the tool that will do just that. :)

I requested this before but only got a couple of replies and I'm hoping for more, so I'm going to ask this again:

If you have the blog installed, it is publicly viewable by guests, and you wish to share it, can you please link to it?

I'd like to update the FAQ to showcase sites that are using the blog as a "living" example of them in use. It would be very much appreciated! I'd like to compile them ASAP so they can be included in updates I make to the first 3 posts upon release and there isn't much time left before that happens (hint hint).*

* Oh, and I heard a rumor that private beta testing has just about wrapped up and final preparations are being made.

Here's mine. http://www.bbsmiley.com/blogs/ which is viewable to guests. :)

Will install beta 3 later today and report back on how it went in a separate post. but good work yet again I'm sure it's going to be an excellent update. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom