• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG WERES DA BLUG?!

I've received a slowly increasing amount of inquires about the progress of the blog, so I'm letting people know the status of things.

It's coming... eventually. There's no dates set; I haven't even picked out an internal release window either. There is quite a bit of work being put into it, and really I'm aiming Beta 4 to be the last version with feature additions so you can imagine I'm spending extra time to make sure everything I want to be in version 1.0 will be there and in proper working order.

Meanwhile Beta 3 works just fine. If you also have any feature suggestions for possible inclusion into 1.0, now would be the time, otherwise you'll have to wait until 1.1 or later.
Good news, thanks for update Onimua.
So what about Categories? it was missed in beta 3 and I hope it will come in beta 4 :)

I just noticed the Blogs do not have any Meta description. I would suggest adding that in beta 4 if you haven't already.

Another minor suggestion for beta4. The pages are missing canonical URLs.

/entries/my-first-blog.1
/entries/my-first-blog.1/
/entries/my-first-blog.1/?page=1

All go to the same page. Causes problems for sitemaps & crawlers, and you wind up with your own pages competing with each other in search engines or being flagged for duplicate content.

I know XF automatically adds canonicals to all threads. I suggest you do the same with the blogs.

Works very well and serves the purpose I require it to. I will be looking forward to the updates, but I am not complaining. Thank you for this.

Anyone else beside Dodgeboard have entries imported from the blog (from vBulletin using Paul M's importer) waiting to be exported out to this add-on? If so please respond to this post.

I also have a general question to people: Is there anyone who has forums with threads being used as blogs at the moment, or perhaps have used Paul M's importer and have threads in a forum created from the import, and would like to export out to this add-on?

I skimmed the last few pages of the thread, but yes. If there is an importer for the vB4 imported blogs, I'd definitly be interested in that :)

Thanks in advance :)

I skimmed the last few pages of the thread, but yes. If there is an importer for the vB4 imported blogs, I'd definitly be interested in that :)

Thanks in advance :)
It exists, thanks. :) Already transferred over one board successfully and ironed out final bugs in another. I'm surprised there's very few people in need of it though.

did anyone has trouble too with the blog widget in jaxxels portal after the last update?
Hm, I have a suspicion I forgot to update that...

It exists, thanks. :) Already transferred over one board successfully and ironed out final bugs in another. I'm surprised there's very few people in need of it though.

Add one more board to the succesfully imported boards now, then :)

Our board is small, and the import went blazing fast. Thanks so much!

Peter

Just so you know, the real reason why beta 4 has being hung up is Onimua is waiting on the smartphone apps (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, and Windows Phone) that Bobster is making for this and Galleria.

Everyone should harass Bobster so he gets his act together and finishes them sooner.

Hi Onimua. I just realized bbcode for comments is disabled. I would recommend adding it or at least offering admins an ACP option to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom