1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception (USING SMTP)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by crlfrancis, Sep 2, 2014.

1. crlfrancis

crlfrancis Member

Here is my error log:

Error Info
    Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to abcd@gmail.com failed: Permission denied - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
    Generated By: Lautaro, 1 minute ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('tcp://smtp.mand...')
    #1 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
    #2 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
    #3 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #4 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1029): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
    #5 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(948): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
    #6 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
    #7 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #8 /var/www/html/forum.gameznetwork.com/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(56) "http://forum.gameznetwork.com/admin.php?users/email-send"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["criteria"] => string(89) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","username":"Lautaro","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
    ["total"] => string(1) "1"
    ["from_name"] => string(29) "Gamez Network Community Forum"
    ["from_email"] => string(26) "webmaster@gameznetwork.com"
    ["email_title"] => string(6) "asdsad"
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(6) "asdsad"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    }
    }

I tried disabling firewall and it didn't work. I am using SMTP.
    [​IMG]

The configuration is right, i was using vbulletin forum with it and it works. Also the SMTP server is reachable.

Any idead what this can be?

jflory7 likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That is some sort of network connection issue -- the socket couldn't be opened to make the connection. There may be a server limit blocking access to the network (or it could be some sort of temporary thing).

jflory7 and crlfrancis like this.
  3. crlfrancis

crlfrancis Member

tia and jflory7 like this.
  4. Joker Black

Joker Black Member

I also was similar.
    I use cPanel. How can I fix it.