Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Message rejected: Address blacklisted

Coop1979

I've been seeing the above error in the Server Error Log and can't figure out what is causing it. Here is the complete error:

Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Message rejected: Address blacklisted. - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: user123, Jun 8, 2012
Stack Trace
#0 /Sites/mysite/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(324): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(250, 600)
#1 /Sites/mysite/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(215): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->data('Subject: New Th...')
#2 /Sites/mysite/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /Sites/mysite/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/Mail.php(170): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/Mail.php(145): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/Mail.php(197): XenForo_Mail->send('treehuggergeorg...', 'treehuggergeorg...', Array, '', '', '')
#7 /Sites/mysite/library/ForumWatch/Model/ForumWatch.php(137): XenForo_Mail->queue('treehuggergeorg...', 'treehuggergeorg...')
#8 /Sites/mysite/library/ForumWatch/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(10): ForumWatch_Model_ForumWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnNewThread(Array, Array, Array)
#9 /Sites/mysite/library/WidgetFramework/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(4): ForumWatch_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#10 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): WidgetFramework_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#11 /Sites/mysite/library/xenCODE/Socialize/DataWriter/Threads.php(6): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#12 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(490): xenCODE_Socialize_DataWriter_Threads->save()
#13 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#14 /Sites/mysite/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#15 /Sites/mysite/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}

I don't even know what the error means: Is the user's email blacklisted, is my email blacklisted, have I banned someone who is setup to receive an email notification and so the email is blacklisted? Thoughts?

Are you using Amazon SES?
That means those email addresses are invalid (users sign up with random email address) and the email bounces.
If this is a notification email (watch feature) to existing member, it means this member has an outdated/nonworking email address.

Can someone confirm this? I've been receiving similar errors.

Others are -
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Message rejected: Email address is not verified.

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: No connection has been established

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Message rejected: Address blacklisted

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Could not open socket

The connection and socket error simply mean that XF was unable to connect to the mail server. Make sure your mail settings are correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method

The other two indicate that the receiver rejected the email. There isn't much you can do about that.

Top Bottom