Zend server installation

Trombones13

Is anyone here using the free Zend Server Community Edition for their XF server? If so, could you explain how to get from downloading the XF files to accessing your site? The few people I've talked to so far and I have had problems. Thanks!

Swee...install of Beta 2 went great for me on a new 2008 R2 64 bit server with IIS 7.5, Zend Community Edition (PHP 5.3.3) and MySQL 5.1.51. Now the real fun begins - configuring the forum, creating categories, etc. I've never set up a forum from scratch before.

Swee...install of Beta 2 went great for me on a new 2008 R2 64 bit server with IIS 7.5, Zend Community Edition (PHP 5.3.3) and MySQL 5.1.51. Now the real fun begins - configuring the forum, creating categories, etc. I've never set up a forum from scratch before.

We still have a problem I'm afraid .. try an attachment full size
does it work ?

What is 'full' size? I posted an attachment and it went fine. How are you guys running PHP? The fast CGI has lots of settings; you might want to increase the execution time?!?!?

Was wondering, did you try and enable SEO URL's? try and disable I see your /attachments/ on my server looks like this /index.php?attachments/

Might be trying to open a URL that's not existent or generated by no permissions?

EDIT: I can't even get SEO's to work on my machine. Goes to redirect loops ... Will figure it out tomorrow. I had the same problem with an IP.Board I installed once but don't remember what I did to fix it.

Was wondering, did you try and enable SEO URL's? try and disable I see your /attachments/ on my server looks like this /index.php?attachments/

Might be trying to open a URL that's not existent or generated by no permissions?

EDIT: I can't even get SEO's to work on my machine. Goes to redirect loops ... Will figure it out tomorrow. I had the same problem with an IP.Board I installed once but don't remember what I did to fix it.

I even gave 'everyone' Full Control on Data and internal_data folder :D didn't work ... so it is not a permission error.

I am looking at the php configuration ... I'm not sure if FastCGI is the cause // I'm going to ask at IIS.net

I even gave 'everyone' Full Control on Data and internal_data folder :D didn't work ... so it is not a permission error.

I am looking at the php configuration ... I'm not sure if FastCGI is the cause // I'm going to ask at IIS.net
Has anyone made any progress on this issue? I'm trying to figure out how to turn off FastCGI but not having any luck due to my lack of familiarity with all of this.

Has anyone made any progress on this issue? I'm trying to figure out how to turn off FastCGI but not having any luck due to my lack of familiarity with all of this.

:) you don't turn it off ... you need to reconfigure php .... Ok here is how

go to control panel --> uninstall or change a program . Then look for php, highlight it and click change (from the menu bar)

follow the wizard and select Other CGI instead of FastCGI ....

I am still waiting on Microsoft to reply to my Emails :( I have sent a detailed log so they can point me to the problem ... if it's a bug : where. and if it's an IIS issue : what's the work around) So will post when the FastCGI is solved :)

Hmmm...I'm using Zend Server Community Edition. Is it possible to reconfigure PHP within Zend? If so I haven't found it yet.

hmmmm not sure about Zend .... but I think you will proceed the same way ..... or open up the Zend control panel and poke around.

I will install ZendServer today and see what I can do. I'll update you here

I mucked with this off and on for the past several days. Have made no progress. Hopefully MS will have a solution or XF will code it in such a way that it works regardless of platform. It's the only thing I've found so far that is keeping me from deploying my sites.

Top Bottom