YouTube/iPod vs Me

Peggy

I'm quite disgusted right now.

I got my son an iPod for Christmas. Yayyy me.What I didn't know is that it comes loaded with YouTube.

Now, my son is 11 yrs old and quite technologically advanced. However I did manage to find a parental control software that he's not been able to break through - yet. So I've managed to keep him off of YouTube - so far.

BUT that doesn't work for the iPod, and since it comes factory loaded with YouTube, I can't delete it. So how in the h*** am I supposed to keep him off of it, without taking away his iPod every other day. I didn't buy the thing for him to keep having to ground him from it.

IS there a way to delete a factory loaded app from iPod/iPhone, et al ??
OR, for all you YouTube savvy people out there, does youtube have their own kid block?

I'm quite disgusted right now.

I got my son an iPod for Christmas. Yayyy me.What I didn't know is that it comes loaded with YouTube.

Now, my son is 11 yrs old and quite technologically advanced. However I did manage to find a parental control software that he's not been able to break through - yet. So I've managed to keep him off of YouTube - so far.

BUT that doesn't work for the iPod, and since it comes factory loaded with YouTube, I can't delete it. So how in the h*** am I supposed to keep him off of it, without taking away his iPod every other day. I didn't buy the thing for him to keep having to ground him from it.

IS there a way to delete a factory loaded app from iPod/iPhone, et al ??
OR, for all you YouTube savvy people out there, does youtube have their own kid block?

Could try this:
http://apps-ipad.info/2010/10/how-t...storeitunescydiaetc-on-iphone-and-ipod-touch/
Haven't tested but a quick dig on some ipod sites led me to that.

Just curious peggy why dont you want him on youtube? Bad things are censored from it, he can listen to music, watch cool and funny vids.. there are plenty of fun stuff to do on youtube.

Just curious peggy why dont you want him on youtube? Bad things are censored from it, he can listen to music, watch cool and funny vids.. there are plenty of fun stuff to do on youtube.

Oh but bad things are NOT censored from YouTube.
He's 11 yrs old. He's watched some vids that I wouldn't have wanted him to see til he's ooohhh.... lets say....... 90???

BINGO!!! That did it. Thanks guys! I am now one happy mama.
egyptiandance.gif

Not much of a solution but how is he connecting to youtube? through a wifi connection? if so you can always blacklist youtube.com via the router? Though this would only block him while he's connecting through your network.

edit: You got it sorted. Nice one. :)

Not much of a solution but how is he connecting to youtube? through a wifi connection? if so you can always blacklist youtube.com via the router? Though this would only block him while he's connecting through your network.

edit: You got it sorted. Nice one. :)
Exactly and I did that. Outside of my network, it doesn't work. So now it's gone! :)

lol my mom dosen't like me watching family guy and im 16...

Cause she doesn't want you to pick bad habits/things which you already did like smoking . I never liked that show i used to do same with my kid brother i used to change channels.

Every moms cares about their Kids thats why they try to keep their kids off wrong things .

i heared of safe mod in youtube is it affective
i don't have kids yet, maybe after 4 months
anyway should I worry or is it too soon

biggrin.png

Yeah, I was the mean mom who passcoded Comedy Central off our cable so our UNDER 18, who lived under our roof, dd would not be able to watch it. Did it when she was 12, then promptly forgot the code. At 18, she wanted to watch something on there, we weren't home and couldn't remember the code to let her. She was so frustrated...going on about how could we forget the code...well, if you never use it, you tend to forget it.

Good going, Peggy...glad you sorted it out. There is way too much on YouTube not appropriate for the younger crowd.

Cause she doesn't want you to pick bad habits/things which you already did like smoking . I never liked that show i used to do same with my kid brother i used to change channels.
Man, I love Family Guy. I didn't watch it when it first came out. But now every night. :)
hehehehehehe

At 16 this is all I had. No wonder I turned to pot. :)

Streets of San Francisco OK
The Waltons Sucked
Chips Sucked
Starsky and Hutch Sucked
The Dukes of Hazzard Sucked
Dallas Sucked
Charlie's Angels (Drew Barrymore wasn't even born yet!) Beginning seasons OK
Little House on the Prairie Sucked
Kojak Good
All in the Family CLASSIC
Laverne & Shirley OK
The Odd Couple CLASSIC