1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 You can't install RM on the same forum twice right?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by flowerpot132, Jun 30, 2016.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

I think this is the case, but pretty sure I read someone had managed to do it or worked around it? We want to use RM for documents, and then RM again as a training directory.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think there's an add-on in our RM that provides something like that but it's not something we can support or advise on. You would have to find it and discuss any questions you have with its developer.

3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

If not you could always consider Showcase as a second RM the two are quite similar except Showcase is probably a bit more dynamic..
  4. flowerpot132

Thanks Chris. Any idea what it might be called please. I have searched for it but can't find it :confused:

Thanks. Looks ok, but would prefer it to exactly the same as RM as my users know that best.
  5. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Jake B. likes this.
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned it but is there not the same policy of you can only run a single instance on a single licence?
  7. flowerpot132

I'm happy to pay for a second licence. If that is the issue here? I just assumed it was a technical issue that XF couldn't get two RMs working at the same time.
    James likes this.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

IIRC the license thing is a moot point, especially seeing as you can't buy more than one RM license per XF license.
    James likes this.
  9. flowerpot132

I see
  10. James

James Well-Known Member

I just wanted to clarify that it may apply because nobody did - but as Chris said you can't assign multiple RMs to one licence so I guess that cannot be governed!