Yeah, Just purchased my copy

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date
probbly won't be for long once you find what XF is like!

:D
This "hobby" is starting to get expensive for me!
First - get a shared host at Host Gator and xF and a few add-ons.
Second - dump HostGator and get a VPS and prepay for a year
Third - buy another license and start up a second forum with a few paid add-ons
Fourth - within 2 months of getting the VPS get the itch for a dedicated server so just ordered one today (BTW, ServerComplete has a heck of a deal on a Dual Intel Xeon L5520 w 24GB memory and 1TB SATA drive @ 69.99 per month)
Fifth - waiting for that other shoe to drop ;)

Other shoe dropped... upping the server to 2 120GB SSD drives and going to software raid them - and then another server just for "play purposes" (oh, and going to keep the RamNode VPS for the rest of the year and then probably drop it down to a smaller one and use it for .... something - haven't figured out what yet..
Oh... and I was wrong on the price... they are at $55 for the server. :eek:

Looks very cheap (y)

Normal price is $149.99, so yeah, they are running a heck of a deal right now (probably a little older equipment, but for me I don't need the latest/greatest). So far I'm really pleased with them. In fact, the newest one was automatically provisioned with Debian Wheezy instead of Debian Squeeze for me.

Looks like it got cheaper.

WHT Forums

Yep... the $69.99 is what you see on their website - BUT - when you go to purchase it, they reduce it to $55 without adding any codes in.
This is my my latest one I ordered and is running $110 (the SSD's added $45 and the bandwidth change was an additional $10) - BTW, even tho' it shows Debian 6, they provisioned it with Debian 7.

Dual Intel Xeon L5520 - alpha.twowheeldemon.com
Processor: Dual Intel Xeon L5520
Memory: 24GB DDR3 ECC
Primary Hard Drive: 128GB SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 128GB SSD
Bandwidth: 30TB @ 1Gbps
IP Addresses: 1 IP Address
Operating System: Debian 6 (64-bit)
Control Panel: None
Data Center: Jacksonville, FL

Top Bottom