Yayyy for FireFox 4 :)

ExpertPixels.com

Always loved this browser but have always hated having to try to implement 3rd tricks in order to make websites / my designs using a fixed background (sure you all have noticed the laggy scroll on websites using fixed backgrounds)...

Anyways FireFox 4 has finally addressed this problem :) one less script to run now Yayyyy.

Always loved this browser but have always hated having to try to implement 3rd tricks in order to make websites / my designs using a fixed background (sure you all have noticed the laggy scroll on websites using fixed backgrounds)...
It's called retained layers and yes, it can speed up scrolling significantly because it reduces the number of redraws and allows for hardware accelerated scrolling - pages with a fixed (non scrolling) background benefit most from this, but generally, the smooth scrolling now works as the name suggests (it didn't even deserve the name in Firefox 3 :) ).

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2010/07/retained_layers.html - here are the bloody details, if anyone is interested.

Love the Awesome Bar.
I use Chrome mostly now.
But there are plenty of times I wish I was using Firefox as finding pages I've been to is super fast.
It really helps for navigating xenforo.com.
I dont need to use xenforo search to find a page I have been to in FireFox ... the awesome finds the URL !

Attachments

• chrome.fails.to.find.xenforo.com.threads.ive.been.to.webp
    chrome.fails.to.find.xenforo.com.threads.ive.been.to.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm an Opera user and I use Firefox for testing purposes only. If only they would fix the way it handles javascript-heavy websites... The only browser that never crashed on me, other than Opera is Google Chrome.

For some reason it's using more memory again. I think it just fluctuates up and down like a yoyo. one day it'll be okay the next it's hungry for memory.

Top Bottom