1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Fix Yahoo YUI 2 - Need to update

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Adam Howard, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

This isn't a suggestion, nor is it a comment. So I'm going to list this as a bug.

Yahoo YUI 2 is reaching end of life

And even if you settle on ignoring this; you have version 2.7.0 used xenforo_reset.css (not sure where else)

Last v2 release was 2.8.2 which was released on October 25, 2010 and was only a security update (which affected version 2.4.0 through 2.8.1).

Please for the security of your site (and customers), update.
  2. Adam Howard

Found some old YUI here too

That seems to be the end of the template where YUI are used.

Have yet to check the files (hard code)
  3. simbolo

simbolo Well-Known Member

I don't believe it is a security concern as those are css files. They do use the third party Minify library but even that they only use it to shrink css files /library/XenForo/CssOutput.php and that's done without the yuicompressor jar. Thus I don't think there's a reason for concern here.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

The security issues where affecting only the swf files http://yuilibrary.com/support/2.8.2/#dropins
    Adam Howard likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

6. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

They barely use any of the library. The parts they use I very highly doubt ever change. There is no need to update a thing.
    SneakyDave likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, no plans to update this - no security issue in the base CSS and there's no point potentially breaking anything with this.
    Slavik likes this.