1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Custom BB codes need to update style cache

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Andy.N, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

XF 1.3.0 beta
    When create a BB code and try to use a direct url to the editor button, for example I'm using this icon for a Tex bbcode
    http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/everaldo/crystal-clear/24/Mimetype-tex-icon.png

The result would be a blank square box and inspect it will show that the background url is not linking correctly.

html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_tex {
    background-image:url('');
    }

If I link it use relative path to an icon on the server, it will work (/style/default/icon.png).

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this. I pasted that exact URL in and it displayed correctly. I don't see any logic that would cause this if you entered a value there.

However, I have found that empty CSS was being output for custom BB codes that didn't have an editor button and it would look like that. Perhaps you saw the CSS for another BB code?

Andy.N likes this.
  3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

It's a caching issue, Mike.
    It shows up fine now.

4. Mike

Moving this back as it turns out the style last update time needs to be updated after changing the BB icon configuration -- I missed it as I have my cache disabled when developing.

5. Mike

The caching issue is sorted for the next beta.

seojoseph and Andy.N like this.