Fixed Yahoo Connected Accounts- Please enter a value for the required field 'provider_key'.

ActorMike

This stopped working sometime recently, although Yahoo sends emails and says "Your Yahoo account XXXXXX was just used to sign in on XXXXXXXX Forum Member Login. If you did this, you’re all set after a registration or login attempt.

First, I can confirm I've followed all the directions here. I even setup a new app today. https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/connected-account

Also, since I get the email confirmation it means the Client ID/Secret are correct, but I triple checked those too. Test provider passes as well.

API Permissions​

Select private user data APIs that your application needs to access.
  • OpenID Connect Permissions
    Email - Access to email address and verified status
    Profile - Access to common profile information (e.g. first/last name, gender, etc)

testprovider.webp

Should have posted in bug reports section :p
Nobody else reported the issue until now, so was not sure if it was a bug or another anomaly. @Chris D, has anyone else reported this? As mentioned above, it could be something that got overlooked by forum admins since once it's set up you really don't test it again, and not many use Yahoo login on our site. I just happened to notice it was not working by accident. It worked for years and just quit one day.

Right. I decided to configure Yahoo and other services today. Got Microsoft, Facebook and GitHub working. Tested in backend and then tested by logging in manually. Yahoo tested fine in backend but logging process failed showing the error. LinkedIn seems like too much work so planning to stay away from that. Still hoping for Telegram ID integration out of the box some day!

If in doubt just post the bug report and we'll move if necessary.
9/10 times it's user error or hosting issue. I figured if someone else confirmed, it might be a bug.
I'm surprised it took 2 months before someone else confirmed! Just shows you how little anyone cares about Yahoo! It's sad they were once the giant charging 199.00 and then 299.00/year for inclusion in their business directory, and now they are useless and Google took over! Just goes to show how important vision, leadership and customer service are. Not a fan of Yahoo.
Screenshot_20200904-084115_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
hah. i mean i doubt anyone on my board would be using yahoo login. but when i was configuring the buttons, i thought why not. actually was surprised that i still have an active account there. i thought i deleted it when they sold flickr.

This should now work in the next release although if you still experience issues you may need to re-create the Yahoo app and update your API keys in your control panel as per the latest version of the instructions here.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 6).

Change log:
Adjust Yahoo connected account provider data to pull data from their userinfo API.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

As an added bonus:

Test provider passes as well.
Yahoo tested fine in backend

This was basically a separate bug in the connected account framework. The most crucial bit of info we need back from any connected account provider is the unique identifier for the user. It's what we store and then match up when we perform subsequent request.

The testing system was still passing, even if we weren't getting that identifier, so we've fixed that as well.

This should now work in the next release although if you still experience issues you may need to re-create the Yahoo app and update your API keys in your control panel as per the latest version of the instructions here.
Good work! You guys do an amazing job and are very much appreciated.

Top Bottom