xxx is following you

When you hover over your user name in the menu bar, a pop up will appear with a link to Your News Feed. It contains recent activities of the people you decided to follow. It is a very easy way to find their posts, if they liked a post, etc.

It's not so much about stalking, as staying in touch with your friends, see what they are doing (on the board).

I don't want to go to MSN, etc and tell others I am here or there, and posting this and that. I can leave it to their discretion.

It's not so much about stalking, as staying in touch with your friends, see what they are doing (on the board).

I don't want to go to MSN, etc and tell others I am here or there, and posting this and that. I can leave it to their discretion.

but if you have your profile-page disabled, nobody can see your newsfeed, Floris......

Is there a way, if someone is following you and you don't want them to, for you to remove that person from your followers list?
I was wondering this too. If I don't want someone to follow me then I'd like to be able to prevent them from doing so.
I remember Kier's post about The Ultimate Modern Insult and I'm guessing a lot of things discussed in that article were considered in the making of XenForo.

The follow feature is good but I think an option to prevent people following you (in general - perhaps an option "Allow visitors to follow you" - is this the Receive your news feed: option?) but we also need to be able to stop individuals following us, for privacy's sake. If I have my profile set to people who're following me and anyone can follow me without me approving/disproving then I am afraid having my profile set to followers only isn't as effective.

Personally I like the word "friend" better but that is my preference. I can see where the word "follow" came about but it does sound like someone is stalking you.

I do too, but it doesn't seem like it would be appropriate in this context since "friend" sort of implies a mutual connection. I can follow someone without them having to follow me in return.

I think what's needed is two options in the user cp:

1) Stop ANYONE from following you.
2) Remove someone who is following you but still allow others to follow you.

Otherwise some sites (mine included) are going to have problems with this feature.

Top Bottom