[XTR] Reputation System

[XTR] Reputation System 1.0.3

No permission to download
Is it possible to download the addon without signing up to a third party website as it's somewhat hard to navigate?

Level system instead of fixed stars:
Do you know if it is possible to convert this to use levels (1-100) instead of stars. Have an algorithm to make every next level require more experience needed. Display your current level in the postbit with a tiny current experience to next level underneath that current level. If you hover over the bar you will see current experience / total experience needed all in numbers.

More ways to get experience:
I'd say that more ways to get experience would be the best way. There are third party add-ons on Xenforo that work as shop or credits. They have alot of events that will trigger the currency. Would be awesome if the same thing can happen but to experience added.

Bonus experience:
Things like trophies and awards (third party add-on, if you make it compatible) have a custom amount of experience added. Some trophies and awards are harder to get and deserve more experience.

Level system instead of fixed stars:
Do you know if it is possible to convert this to use levels (1-100) instead of stars. Have an algorithm to make every next level require more experience needed. Display your current level in the postbit with a tiny current experience to next level underneath that current level. If you hover over the bar you will see current experience / total experience needed all in numbers.

This is a good idea if @XDinc wanted to put the time into it. Personally you can somewhat mimic this by adding less posts needed for first levels and gradually add more needed as you go but would be great to automatically have that as an option to gradually increase it. I'm not sure how much work this would take and kind of seems like it might be hard but a fantastic idea

After testing this, I have to say there is so much room for improvement. No offense but this is not a reputation system, it's a visual representation of your post count, reaction score or both. A reputation system should take everything into account. User posts, reactions, replies to threads to determine the quality of the thread, replies to posts, profile posts, warnings, bans and overall engagement within the forum. It should also have negative and positive reputation.

Regardless, you've put work into it and you're sharing it for free. I hope my feedback can push you to consider some improvements.

Hello. I installed this. It works on Defualt theme. However, I can't seem to get it to show on our themehouse themes. I am using UIX2 based themes, and it won't show up on the left side at all...

Any suggestions? Not sure which to check (style properties, or themes).

Thank you.

Are you open for custom development for this add-on? I have a similar system on XF 1.5 but much more complex. I need same features on XF 2.1 and looking for a dev to make the transition. Basically our add-on has positive/negative feedback and there are some other features like reputation factors (people with less reputation their feedback to others equals less), limit reputation spread/day, determine how many points each star equals, and the ability to hide posts after X negative feedbacks for the same post. Send me a PM if you want to develop such a thing

2.2 hasn't even been released yet.

I understand that, however also understand that it's coming soon.

Therefore, if we are to add this rep system and get it all setup, dialed in, promoted and used by the members, we want to be sure it's not going to be disabled a week later when 2.2 gets released.

My last question was two months ago and didn't even get one reply, which already doesn't say a lot for the activity and support surrounding this add on.

Top Bottom