XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I second this. In first case, just after the release of the theme/bridge, the support was outstanding. Now, the support is not as expected unfortunately.
Most of the time ticket area always shows office closed.
At least for new products they should offer support till their product is stable. Sometimes waiting for response becomes very frustrating when one is implementing this on LIVE SETUP. Their office is closed by @ThemeHouse user is almost live here 20 hrs a day

I too am having very very odd SSO issues with latest patch 4. Tickets logged. Basically it appears to mangle the author depending on whether post was created via WP or was promoted from XF to an article. Lukas has been good at responding to tickets so far so not complaining but still a few teething issues with this integration.

I too am having very very odd SSO issues with latest patch 4. Tickets logged. Basically it appears to mangle the author depending on whether post was created via WP or was promoted from XF to an article. Lukas has been good at responding to tickets so far so not complaining but still a few teething issues with this integration.
My Issue is:

1. Login to XF. - Worked
  2. Navigate to WP using Home button -- Shows logged in to WP so worked fine till here
  3. Click on Any link on WP -- Logs out
  4. So, there's no way admin can enter the WP dashboard.
  5. After Step 2 click on Forums (for navigating to XF) and it logs out.

Add on says Patch 4
But WP Plugin says Patch 3.

My Issue is:

1. Login to XF. - Worked
  2. Navigate to WP using Home button -- Shows logged in to WP so worked fine till here

Add on says Patch 4
But WP Plugin says Patch 3.

Our issues are different and my WP plugin also states patch 3.

Support over ticket is really bad.

The oldest ticket without a response currently is from 12 hours ago. Do you have a specific ticket ID?

Most of the time ticket area always shows office closed.

That message only shows Saturdays and Sundays, and Monday-Friday from 5pm to 9am CT.

Their office is closed by @ThemeHouse user is almost live here 20 hrs a day

That's because the ThemeHouse user is a bot that sends slack notifications for posts on our threads, not an actual person refreshing it every minute, so it's actually on 24 hours a day :)

1. Login to XF. - Worked

Do you have a ticket? If not, could you create one and we'll take a look. Sounds like it may be a configuration issue

The oldest ticket without a response currently is from 12 hours ago. Do you have a specific ticket ID?

It creates a/c fine
IIt logs in fine while moving from XF to WP
Now click any link on WP and it logs out.
So no even WP admin cannot get into ADMIN.
Plugin has to be deleted from ssh for things to get back to work

It creates a/c fine
IIt logs in fine while moving from XF to WP
Now click any link on WP and it logs out.
So no even WP admin cannot get into ADMIN.
Plugin has to be deleted from ssh for things to get back to work

Lukas has already replied to your ticket:

I’ve disabled the All In One WP Security plugin to test for interference, and disabling it seems to resolve the situation. I’ve forwarded that observation to our issue tracker and we’ll aim at having it resolved for the next update. For so long, you can either opt to have the bridge to have WordPress login only or disable the security plugin.

Reactions: sip
Hey guys,

Just wanted to apologize here. We released a version that apparently was broke on some installs and not others, but it was rather frequent, just didn't pop up when we were testing locally. That said it should be patched, and yes we did receive about 100 tickets, for which all of them are responded. I hope that doesn't come off as bad support, just a kink with maintaining such a large system in its early stages. I hope you guys understand this is an edge case and we did respond to every single ticket within 12ish hours. I don't expect this to happen again, its good we found these bugs now and all should be smooth. We have one more patch here: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/milestone/7 thanks to your reports, but these are non-critical. All critical should be resolved and if not just make sure you have a ticket.

The feature list is here for next large update: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/milestone/3

For those of you that wish to have your own custom front page and the xpress blog with its attributing features and their own tabs, this is how I did it on my site. First of all make sure you updated to the newest Xpress release. This includes complete upgrades for the wordpress plugin, and xpress wordpress theme. Also update your Xenforo addon. If you don't know how check here documentation.

Here is the steps I had to take to make this work correctly. (Note: Make sure you have Xpress as your active theme)

1. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to pages and select add new page and create a page you want to use as home. Make your template - Default Template and make your Navigation section - Home. Publish it
home.webp
Once you have done this follow step 2.

2. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to appearance and select customize. Once you are in the customize editor, scroll down to Homepage Settings.
Make sure your homepage displays as a static page. From there click homepage and select the page you created to use as home.
home2.webp
Now click publish to save.

3. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to pages and select add new page and create a page called blog or whatever you wish to name it. Some people may make it news or whatever they want. Just a note that this will be the page using the Xpress Blog format that you set in your xenforo settings for Xpress. Make your template - Front Page and make your Navigation section - Default (Blog). Publish it

Blog.webp

Once you have created the page you want to use as blog, follow step 4.

4. This is the last step and you will need to go into your xenforo admin dashboard. Go to setup-public navigation
publicnav.webp
from here select Blog and you will need to edit it. This will be your tab area in your site menu, so you can either keep blog or name it whatever you want. Make sure you have named it the same page as you have created it in your wordpress page for the blog to make sure no confusion. If you decided to change the name from the default blog, make sure you disable the xpress blog page in the xenforo public navigation. Im using blog for my example so I just went in and changed the redirection link as shown in the screenshot. Redirection link needs to match your wordpress page link that you created for your blog.
publicnav2.webp

as soon as you do this, click save and your done. Check your site and you will now have your custom home page as home and main directory when someone visits your site, and your blog will still be the blog and show how Xpress created it. Have fun and enjoy.

I just wanted to share how I made this work for my site, Themehouse might update this in future, but in my suggestions @ThemeHouse please make extra documentation on the home page and blog settings. I know this is new and especially since the update was recently released. but anyways I hope this helped those who wished to make it this way :)

Last edited:
For those of you that wish to have your own custom front page and the xpress blog with its attributing features and their own tabs, this is how I did it on my site. First of all make sure you updated to the newest Xpress release. This includes complete upgrades for the wordpress plugin, and xpress wordpress theme. Also update your Xenforo addon. If you don't know how check here documentation.

Here is the steps I had to take to make this work correctly. (Note: Make sure you have Xpress as your active theme)

1. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to pages and select add new page and create a page you want to use as home. Make your template - Default Template and make your Navigation section - Home. Publish it
View attachment 181244
Once you have done this follow step 2.

2. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to appearance and select customize. Once you are in the customize editor, scroll down to Homepage Settings.
Make sure your homepage displays as a static page. From there click homepage and select the page you created to use as home.
View attachment 181245
Now click publish to save.

3. In your Wordpress Dashboard go to pages and select add new page and create a page called blog or whatever you wish to name it. Some people may make it news or whatever they want. Just a note that this will be the page using the Xpress Blog format that you set in your xenforo settings for Xpress. Make your template - Front Page and make your Navigation section - Default (Blog). Publish it

View attachment 181246

Once you have created the page you want to use as blog, follow step 4.

4. This is the last step and you will need to go into your xenforo admin dashboard. Go to setup-public navigation
View attachment 181247
from here select Blog and you will need to edit it. This will be your tab area in your site menu, so you can either keep blog or name it whatever you want. Make sure you have named it the same page as you have created it in your wordpress page for the blog to make sure no confusion. If you decided to change the name from the default blog, make sure you disable the xpress blog page in the xenforo public navigation. Im using blog for my example so I just went in and changed the redirection link as shown in the screenshot.
View attachment 181248

as soon as you do this, click save and your done. Check your site and you will now have your custom home page as home and main directory when someone visits your site, and your blog will still be the blog and show how Xpress created it. Have fun and enjoy.

I just wanted to share how I made this work for my site, Themehouse might update this in future, but in my suggestions @ThemeHouse please make extra documentation on the home page and blog settings. I know this is new and especially since the update was recently released. but anyways I hope this helped those who wished to make it this way :)
It works, my blog shows on its tab= blog
blogpage.webp

homepage shows as home in its own tab
homemy.webp

Many thanks for very detailed info @Trueprime
Your welcome. It took me a few hours to figure this out. And @Mike Creuzer did mention there was a broken piece in the update. So I just made this instruction to show how this worked for me. wordpress uses main commands in the custom area when it comes to home page settings. I hope this helps the team config the newer release. :) Anyhow Themehouse is very brilliant and I love this addon :)

Last edited:
This happened to me too. Keeps clocking with a 403 error without a mentioned resource. Workaround in my case was to use a different browser or go incognito.

Can you share what you did as a workaround? Which browser? I've tried Chrome and Safari, both in incognito, have the same issue.

Can you share what you did as a workaround? Which browser? I've tried Chrome and Safari, both in incognito, have the same issue.

Make sure you're running the latest versions, the issue that popped up on Monday was because a broken update was mistakenly released. Once we realized that we pulled the update from TH and got a patch out that day

Make sure you're running the latest versions, the issue that popped up on Monday was because a broken update was mistakenly released. Once we realized that we pulled the update from TH and got a patch out that day

Yep, just updated to the latest version, same issue. I opened a ticket and support confirmed they've had a few reports of the issue but no way of troubleshooting. I'm more than willing to let them access my wordpress instance to troubleshoot if it helps the cause.

Ticket #11623

BUG/Conflict?

Enable XPRESS WP plugin and one cannot save Appearance > Customize changes.
Error is:

You need a higher level of permission.
Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site.

Disable XPRESS WP Plugin and everything works fine.
Not using XPRESS THEME

Ticket #11623

BUG/Conflict?

Enable XPRESS WP plugin and one cannot save Appearance > Customize changes.
Error is:

You need a higher level of permission.
Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site.

Disable XPRESS WP Plugin and everything works fine.
Not using XPRESS THEME

Did you login with an account that was created through SSO, or your original WP account?

Top Bottom