XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Is this considered stable now?

I think a lot of cases where people had issues, were simply the fact that people aren't using vanilla XenForo and Wordpress. If you everyone did that, I bet there would be virtually no site breaking bugs.

The truth is, I run a semi-complex mish mash of addons and customization and the fact that we are here trying to do something like a bridge means we all probably have an eye for custom installations and that in itself makes each one of our sites different. So if you go run a fresh XF install with a fresh WP install, I would think they would call it stable.

EDIT: I know that isn't very helpful, but without knowing all your addons and your entire environment there is no compatibility matrix to compare to or anything like that.

Last edited:
Is this considered stable now?

We never considered this not stable. The vast majority of tickets that are opened are server configuration related, and as long as the clients are willing to work out a solution with us, we haven't had a single site that we didn't get to run. The vast majority of bugs we resolve are minor bugs which affect a fraction of the sites that run XPress by now or incompatibilities with 3rd party WordPress plugins, which, unlike XenForo add-ons, vary greatly in the way they are written and interact with the core software.

We're very proud of the work we've put into this product and what it has become. It is one of our best selling products, and that is - in my opinion - very justified.

Some people seem to think this is "just an add-on", and expect it to be as plug and play as any other add-on, but the simple truth is, that it is not, which should be clear from the fact alone that it connects two entirely separate systems, and ships in 4 parts (2 XenForo add-ons, a WordPress plugin and a WordPress theme). And despite this complexity, we've turned installation into a four click action for most clients. If people bring the necessary patience and accept, that not every server is cut out to run it with its default/current setup, then we can get it to work.
And should we ever get to a point were we can't actually provide a solution, then we'll gladly refund you your purchase. But that has yet to happen.

Something strange is that when I as an admin publish an author's post, the thread created in a forum is attributed to me and not the author. That doesn't seem right.

Something strange is that when I as an admin publish an author's post, the thread created in a forum is attributed to me and not the author. That doesn't seem right.

Hmm. This happened to me once, I can't recall the fix, I think it was just an update that did it. Is that other member listed in WP side? Maybe the user isn't being transferred/created? If you click the slider option menu at the top of the post edit page, you should be able to click a checkbox for author. And then you'll see a list of authors you can choose from.

They are the author, yes

Oh, I got your question backwards. Posting on behalf of someone else is a bit of a sticky situation as some people may not like that. When posting from the WP side, I think it would be expected that content would be drawn from someone NOT from the forum, although I can certainly understand different situations. I think in your case, they need to become an editor or whatever and make the post themselves, otherwise if you're doing the writing, why is it supposed to be in their name?

I only leave an article in someone's name if I'm promoting their thread without editing it. I think what you want, is the ability to promote a specific post, this lets you write your own content and it will insert it as a reply to the existing thread. The article and post would be in your name, appropriately. Writing original content and putting it in someone else's name, just doesn't seem right to me but I'd be curious to hear your angle.

Writing original content and putting it in someone else's name, just doesn't seem right to me but I'd be curious to hear your angle
I think there is a misunderstanding. The author wrote the post, has their name as the author, all I did was click the publish button as an admin. Everything on the WP side is fine, but the thread that was created used me as the author instead of the actual author.

I think there is a misunderstanding. The author wrote the post, has their name as the author, all I did was click the publish button as an admin. Everything on the WP side is fine, but the thread that was created used me as the author instead of the actual author.

Ah, so they did actually write the post themselves from the WP side. Hmm.. What happens if you allow them to click publish?

I don't know, but I want to control the publishing times.

I agree, in many cases this is preferred. I haven't looked into it but last I recall, someone who can write articles basically has access to screw around with everyone's posts. I believe there are addons which give some sort of control over this, but if the thread is made in the name of whomever submits the publish button, perhaps this could be extended on the WP side if TH doesn't express interest in making that adjustment.

I agree, in many cases this is preferred. I haven't looked into it but last I recall, someone who can write articles basically has access to screw around with everyone's posts. I believe there are addons which give some sort of control over this, but if the thread is made in the name of whomever submits the publish button, perhaps this could be extended on the WP side if TH doesn't express interest in making that adjustment.
Everyone that is using xpress allows their authors to post whenever?

My site doesn't currently have any provisions for member posting, the blog is only used as a front page for top threads. I don't know how people are managing the situation you're talking about, where members have editorial rights. I am curious to know how that is being handled however.

I have a question about a wordpress plugin I want to use. Would it be possible for some information from this plugin:

to be bridged onto the forum say like top scores in the side bar on posts or maybe like a widget on the main forum page? I pretty much plan to run a vanilla WP just to run the arcade itself, nothing article related.

is anyone having issues with accessing their wp-admin after installing this?

Sorry edited to add more information - whenever I attempt to go to wp-admin it redirects me to forum page saying:

You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list.

I have this same issue. I run a multi author site but I am the editor who publishes the articles. Sometimes I make minor edits to pictures, layout etc. When I publish them, the XF thread is created by me. I want the XF thread to be created by the article author. @ThemeHouse is this how it is supposed to work?

I have this same issue. I run a multi author site but I am the editor who publishes the articles. Sometimes I make minor edits to pictures, layout etc. When I publish them, the XF thread is created by me. I want the XF thread to be created by the article author. @ThemeHouse is this how it is supposed to work?
@Lukas W.

Also can the category nav items that are generated not be ordered by alphabetical, but by the order they are in WP? It's a huge mess.

Top Bottom