XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Since last Update I now have another new problem. Some of my users are getting Bad gateway Errors, when the click on the Link in the Forum-Thread to go to the according article. But this is difficult to reproduce. I for example don't get this error, while some users report to have this problem everytime and entirely.

here is an example of a thread that was promoted to an article, where users report the Bad gateway problem.

Other threads that are promoted have the same issue.

Since last Update I now have another new problem. Some of my users are getting Bad gateway Errors, when the click on the Link in the Forum-Thread to go to the according article. But this is difficult to reproduce. I for example don't get this error, while some users report to have this problem everytime and entirely.

here is an example of a thread that was promoted to an article, where users report the Bad gateway problem.

Would need to check your server error log (≠ XenForo error log) for the specific error thrown at that time.

I have this same issue. I run a multi author site but I am the editor who publishes the articles. Sometimes I make minor edits to pictures, layout etc. When I publish them, the XF thread is created by me. I want the XF thread to be created by the article author. @ThemeHouse is this how it is supposed to work?

Yes, that is as designed. If you wish to publish the post as different user, you have to fill out the "Thread Author" field in the XPress meta widget on the WordPress post edit page.

Also can the category nav items that are generated not be ordered by alphabetical, but by the order they are in WP? It's a huge mess.

That's not possible. If you wish any other representation or content, you'll need to set the subnavigation up manually in the XF public navigation manager.

is anyone having issues with accessing their wp-admin after installing this?

Sorry edited to add more information - whenever I attempt to go to wp-admin it redirects me to forum page saying:

You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list.

If you're running WordPress and XenForo on different subdomains, then you'll need to make sure to set the right cookie domain, otherwise your WordPress won't receive your XenForo session cookies and can't resume your session, but login redirects you to XenForo, where your cookies are available and you're hence already logged in.

I have a question about a wordpress plugin I want to use. Would it be possible for some information from this plugin:

to be bridged onto the forum say like top scores in the side bar on posts or maybe like a widget on the main forum page? I pretty much plan to run a vanilla WP just to run the arcade itself, nothing article related.

WordPress widgets can be synchronized to XenForo and used there. Bringing over anything else would require custom work.

Yes, that is as designed. If you wish to publish the post as different user, you have to fill out the "Thread Author" field in the XPress meta widget on the WordPress post edit page.
hmmm not seeing this widget. Is this a technical issue because I don't see why it would be by design to publish under anyone other than whoever is set as the author in wordpress.

Can't help you with your issue but I wrote a private server for TS back in the day, it's basically an IRC server. Good times :)

So once I start adding sub navigation it will override the auto generated?

You will need to uncheck "Auto-populate sub-navigation" on the actual navigation entry, then add sub navigation items manually.

hmmm not seeing this widget. Is this a technical issue because I don't see why it would be by design to publish under anyone other than whoever is set as the author in wordpress.
You can only set an author for newly created threads, so if your post is already linked, then it won't give you the option to set an author. If you want to switch owner of an already existing thread, you'll have to use a different add-on.

You can only set an author for newly created threads, so if your post is already linked, then it won't give you the option to set an author. If you want to switch owner of an already existing thread, you'll have to use a different add-on.
I don't want to switch authors. I want the author to be attributed rather than the "editor" who clicks publish. The only way at the moment to attribute the author to the post is for the author to actually publish the post. It's not taking the author, but the user who click publish.

The field doesn't show up if you already have a thread linked. As it got added with the most recent patch, it also won't show if your XPress plugin is not up to date.

The field doesn't show up if you already have a thread linked. As it got added with the most recent patch, it also won't show if your XPress plugin is not up to date.
ah ok ok, I get it now. I'll check that out for next post we publish, thanks!

Iirc, it won't create a thread if it can't find a XenForo user. Goes for both cases - if you manually provide an invalid one or if you don't, and your current WP account isn't linked to an XF account.

So before deciding on grabbing this I have a few questions to ask

1- I would like to keep my current WordPress theme would that be possible? Im using page builder to deploy different element and doesn't wont to lose that.
2- Is there an ability to post threads to WordPress and have it automatically posted to Xenforo?
3- does Xpress change the url of WordPress in any way?
4- is featuring threads into WordPress or versa versa means duplicate content?
5-Is there any current conflict with WordPress add-ons?
6- Will this have an issue on site performance?

Thanks in advance.

1- I would like to keep my current WordPress theme would that be possible? Im using page builder to deploy different element and doesn't wont to lose that.
Yes.

2- Is there an ability to post threads to WordPress and have it automatically posted to Xenforo?
Yes.

3- does Xpress change the url of WordPress in any way?
No.

4- is featuring threads into WordPress or versa versa means duplicate content?
Yes. Canonical tags are set however, so search engines are not affected. Additionally, you can set up content redirects.

5-Is there any current conflict with WordPress add-ons?
We haven't tested all of them. Open issues can be seen here.

6- Will this have an issue on site performance?
The theme does have a minimal impact, the bridge itself does not.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes. Canonical tags are set however, so search engines are not affected. Additionally, you can set up content redirects.

We haven't tested all of them. Open issues can be seen here.

The theme does have a minimal impact, the bridge itself does not.

Thanks for the quick response.

Is the canonical tags set by default or does it need any set up?

What would be an example of a redirect if I want to go with that instead?

Going through the documentation I can see that installing theme is flagged as optional, does it mean I can skip this step if I want to keep my current WordPress theme?

What if I want to upload the theme, is there a style switcher? Is there a dev environment before putting things alive?

Sorry for all these questions.

Top Bottom