XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Another BUG:

On enabling XPRESS on WP there's a JS error in console and logged in user cannot rate the article.
Guest user can rate the WP article.
On disabling XPRESS even logged in user can rate.

The error in console:
xpress-WP.webp

Where is the best place to put WP files?

Currently xenforo is at the root of my www. Do I need to move things around?

Easiest and best in terms of SEO, management and so forth is as a subdirectory ie /blog or something if your forum occupies root. Otherwise wp in root and XF in /forum if you are ok to tinker around and setup redirects etc on the server side.

I don’t care if it comes with a chemistry set and a rocket ship, no addon should completely break an entire site when disabled.
Then no add on should break XPRESS also or vice versa. Why should EDIT fail only with XPRESS installed? ADMIN rights are there.
Even I don't care what add ons are installed. XPRESS should work. This is the PAIN of dealing with multiple vendors. Rating breaks and Templatemonster blamed XPRESS.

Elementor and Powerbuilder are two popular plugins for WP site design. They come with their associated add ons. Can't be disabled. I disabled all the other non Powerbuilder related add ons and still the problem persisted.

Last edited:
I don’t care if it comes with a chemistry set and a rocket ship, no addon should completely break an entire site when disabled.

I believe that is a dependency required for the theme they're using, the theme was built to require that plugin.

Then no add on should break XPRESS also or vice versa. Why should EDIT fail only with XPRESS installed? ADMIN rights are there.
Even I don't care what add ons are installed. XPRESS should work. This is the PAIN of dealing with multiple vendors. Rating breaks and Templatemonster blamed XPRESS.

We'll take a look into this, but it looks to be caused by that style/plugin expecting an older version of jQuery. Could you make a ticket if you haven't already with a link to the plugin/theme you're using?

I believe that is a dependency required for the theme they're using, the theme was built to require that plugin.

We'll take a look into this, but it looks to be caused by that style/plugin expecting an older version of jQuery. Could you make a ticket if you haven't already with a link to the plugin/theme you're using?
Link to theme:
https://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes/monstroid2.html
Ticket ID - #11623

For the rating breaking for logged in user issue - #11692.

I'm pretty sure there is a bug in XPress that results in an incompatibility with a number of plugins. We have yet to find it, but I have a hunch that once we do, most of the currently reported incompatibilities will be resolved.

after setting the baseurl and path in wordpress plugin I get the following error...

Server error log
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Uncaught LogicException: The session key must be overridden. in /var/www/html/src/XF/App.php:659 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\App->XF\{closure}(Object(XF\Container)) #1 /var/www/html/src/XF/App.php(2250): XF\Container->offsetGet('session') #2 /var/www/html/src/addons/XFA/Roster/Listener.php(34): XF\App->session() #3 [internal function]: XFA\Roster\Listener::appSetup(Object(XF\App)) #4 /var/www/html/src/XF/Extension.php(67): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /var/www/html/src/XF/App.php(2392): XF\Extension->fire('app_setup', Array, NULL) #6 /var/www/html/src/XF/App.php(1538): XF\App->fire('app_setup', Array) #7 /var/www/html/src/XF.php(312): XF\App->setup(Array) #8 /var/www/html/src/XF.php(301): XF::setupApp('\\XF\\App') #9 /var/www/html/src/XF.php(144): XF::app() #10 [internal function]: XF::handleException(Object(Error)) #11 {main} thrown
  • src/XF/App.php:659
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 18, 2018 at 1:26 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(6) "/blog/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@XFA Is this a bug with [XFA] Roster?

After disabling [XFA] Roster I now get this error....

Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding()
  • src/vendor/dokuwiki/utf8/utf8.php:41
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 18, 2018 at 1:34 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF.php(211): require()
#1 src/XF.php(56): XF::startSystem()
#2 blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress/App.php(110): XF::start('/var/www/html')
#3 blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress.php(94): XPress\App->initializeXenForo()
#4 blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress.php(28): XPress::initializeXenForo()
#5 blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/thxpress.php(15): XPress::start('b...')
#6 blog/wp-settings.php(305): include_once('b...')
#7 blog/wp-config.php(89): require_once('b...')
#8 blog/wp-load.php(37): require_once('b...')
#9 blog/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('b...')
#10 blog/index.php(17): require('b...')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(6) "/blog/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

EDIT: Second error sorted by "apt-get install php7.0-mbstring"

What do I do?

Last edited:

Have you worked with Elementor/Powerbuilder and other such page builders? Certain themes have plugin dependencies. Templatemonster guys are not some bunch of n00b's in the market. Their support is 24X7 on chat and they help immediately and not just sell and forget types. Saying this out of experience. I am not using any add on that's not tested or compatible with V 4.9.8.

Or are you just talking based on 2015, 2016 and 2017 themes that come with a WP install?
Might as well take a look at the site - https://www.dlife.in/

I am a bit confused! Is XPress both a theme or a plugin, or a combination of both? And will it be compatible with any other 3rd party Addons I may have?

Top Bottom