XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I posted a support ticket but maybe someone here knows the answer...

How do I make the article fill the whole post section? It seems to be shrunk.

I attached an image with arrows showing where my article content should be extended too.

Attachments

• 6.webp
    6.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 48
We're currently looking for a few testers to try out our potential fixes for a few plugin incompatibilities. Please open a ticket with us, if you can reproduce one or more of the following issues:
https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/199
https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/221
https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/231

I had the same problem with issue 199 and I can confirm that saving widgets doesn't end up in an infinite loop.

@Lukas W.

Here's the feedback from LSWS (litespeedtech.com) tech support who looked at the whole issue for which O also have a ticket open:

If you login from forum and hit WordPress page which is cached, you will not see logged in information from admin bar.
If you login from forum and hit WordPress page which is not cache hit, you will see logged in information from admin bar.
The reason is because Single sign-on plugin bring the cookie for logged-in user but didn't trigger the wordpress instance right away.
It only triggers until user view the wordpress site.

Could you contact XPRESS plugin author to improve the login process?

@Lukas W.

Here's the feedback from LSWS (litespeedtech.com) tech support who looked at the whole issue for which O also have a ticket open:

If you login from forum and hit WordPress page which is cached, you will not see logged in information from admin bar.
If you login from forum and hit WordPress page which is not cache hit, you will see logged in information from admin bar.
The reason is because Single sign-on plugin bring the cookie for logged-in user but didn't trigger the wordpress instance right away.
It only triggers until user view the wordpress site.

Could you contact XPRESS plugin author to improve the login process?

We've seen your ticket. There is no need to tag people here with the exact contents of your ticket, they'll see it there as soon as they can.

We've seen your ticket. There is no need to tag people here with the exact contents of your ticket, they'll see it there as soon as they can.
Till this triggering of WP session when one moves from XF to WP is fixed, the only work around is that we switch off the caching of the HOME (WP) page. A trade off. If this could serve as a hint for the fix.

Last edited:
When I delete permanently an article at wordpress which is created from an existing xenforo thread, I can not re-promote the same xenforo thread again. Could you please confirm if it is a bug ?

At my demo site as a mistake, while I was playing with Wordpress, I deactived the XPRESS plugin. ( I know I must be more carefull and not to deactived it :( )

Screenshot_1.webp

So as expected Wordpress blog stopped working. I actived debug mode at Wordpress and get the following error details.

WP 500 hatası.webp

I am happy it happened at my demo site. But I wonder how I can solve this issue if it happens at my real site. Will be nice to learn how I can fix this issue.

NOTE: I have fixed this issue by changing WP active thema as default thema from database.

WP Thema Degistirme.webp

Last edited:
1- When I delete permanently an article at wordpress which is created from an existing xenforo thread, I can not re-promote the same xenforo thread again. Could you please confirm if it is a bug ?
I have found some new bugs, I guess.

2- "Add dropcap to blog posts" feature works only for Articles created at Wordpress. If you promote an existing thread from XF, this feature does not work.

3- When I add "Xpress Recent Content" at "Article View Sidebar" and Promote an existing XF thread, I get the following Error message.

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object
  • /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/widgets/xpress-class-wp-widget-recent-posts.php:58
#0 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/widgets/xpress-class-wp-widget-recent-posts.php(58): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/altikana/...', 58, Array)
#1 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(372): XPress_WP_Widget_Recent_Posts->widget(Array, Array)
#2 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/widgets.php(743): WP_Widget->display_callback(Array, Array)
#3 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/single.php(41): dynamic_sidebar('sidebar-2')
#4 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/home/altikana/...')
#5 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/altikana/...')
#6 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/index.php(17): require('/home/altikana/...')
#7 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(70) "/blog2/2018/09/03/forum-destek-abonelik-sistemi-ve-reklamsiz-kullanim/"
["referrer"] => string(95) "https://www.altikanal.com/blog2/2018/09/03/forum-destek-abonelik-sistemi-ve-reklamsiz-kullanim/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

A new bug related with Wordpress Debug Mode :

Github Ticket: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues/issues/260

5- When I enable debug mode at wordpress by adding the following codes at "wp-config.php"

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

and send any comments / reply (both from WP and XF) to any promoted thread , I get the following Error message.

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: comment_type
  • /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/comment.php:763

#0 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/comment.php(763): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/altikana/...', 763, Array)
#1 /home/altikana/public_html/blog2/wp-includes/comment.php(1991): wp_allow_comment(Array, true)
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Repository/XPress.php(25): wp_new_comment(Array, true)
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Entity/CommentLink.php(37): ThemeHouse\XPress\Repository\XPress->callWPFunction('wp_new_comment', Array, true)
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/Entity/CommentLink.php(42): ThemeHouse\XPress\Entity\CommentLink->callWPFunction('wp_new_comment', Array, true)
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Entity/Post.php(62): ThemeHouse\XPress\Entity\CommentLink->insertComment(Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1145): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#7 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(161): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#8 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#9 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(431): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(XenGenTr\KonuyuKimlerOkudu\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(71) "/xenkolik2/konu/vakum-kutusu-ile-scale-model-cam-yapimi.18040/add-reply"
["referrer"] => string(93) "https://www.altikanal.com/xenkolik2/konu/vakum-kutusu-ile-scale-model-cam-yapimi.18040/page-2"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(9) {
["message_html"] => string(15) "<p>Son test</p>"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "dcf781dc62642114ae65983337559265"
["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(99) "{\"type\":\"post\",\"context\":{\"thread_id\":18040},\"hash\":\"dcf781dc62642114ae65983337559265\"}"
["last_date"] => string(10) "1536147182"
["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1536147182"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(68) "/xenkolik2/konu/vakum-kutusu-ile-scale-model-cam-yapimi.18040/page-2"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I think I'm going to have to cancel my ThemeHouse Subscription because support has been very poor.

I understand that XPress is new and all the bugs haven't been worked out but please support your product.

I have to disagree with this statement. I've had outstanding support by this team. They have not implemented every feature I've requested but I can track their active development on Github, I see their progress, I know they are working and their track record on this forum and their portfolio backs that up.

I have to disagree with this statement. I've had outstanding support by this team. They have not implemented every feature I've requested but I can track their active development on Github, I see their progress, I know they are working and their track record on this forum and their portfolio backs that up.

I'm glad everything is working out for you, but my post you quoted is 19 days old (The post regarding my issue and support ticket 22 days) and I have yet to receive any official reply here or at themehouse.com . And it's not like they aren't watching. TH staff has been liking any post that is in opposition to me and the issues I've been having all while ignoring the issue completely.

So I don't think I'm wrong expressing my opinion in this way.

Also I agree with you on the progress and the quality of their products, They do AMAZING Work, and I happily use many of their addons. It's just in my experience, support has been poor. That is why I ended my subscription with TH.

I doubt that no one has replied to your support ticket. We're getting back to everyone who writes us a ticket as fast as we can, and I don't see any ticket that has gone unanswered for more then a day at the moment. So if you feel like our last reply hasn't brought you the answers you seeked, feel free to follow up on it. If you write in the forums and in a ticket and we reply to your ticket and you don't follow up, we assume that the issue has been solved one way or another. There's not much point in having the same discussion twice in two different places after all, right?

The response I received basically emphasized that TH doesn't work weekends, and that since WP and XF use different versions of jQuery that are required for each platform, TH could not promise a fix.

My website was fundamentally broken and had already completely redesigned it to use xpress over xenporta and that cost downtime.

I either had to revert costing more downtime or try to fix it myself. I opted for the latter.

This is why I never replied to the ticket or the forums for any issue I have with xpress as I doubt TH would support the addon with modified code, nor would I expect them to at that point.

I only replied recently to explain my experience as my post was brought back to attention.

Top Bottom