Resource icon

XMWidgets - bd Widget Framework Extension [Paid] 1.4.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Daniel Hood updated XMWidgets - bd Widget Framework Extension with a new update entry:

XenGallery Widget

This add-on now provides a widget to show the titles of media (linked to the media content). You can use the following options to change the content displayed:
  • Limit
    • Limits the number of gallery items to show in the widget
  • Order
    • Which sorting method it uses to select the items: Most Views, Average Rating, Likes, Most Recently Added
    • If you select "Average Rating" you can choose to display the average rating as stars underneath the title of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: IPF
Really like this addon, but I had to uninstall it. Ever since installing it, I have had members complaining about "internal server errors". Search will completely quit working, and you are unable to click on any thread links when viewing unread posts as it ultimately gives the same internal server error.

I can disable this addon and enable it, and all will work ok for a short time, then it breaks again. I have a huge amount of error logs, all elasticsearch errors.

Hi Daniel,
I bought your addon yesterday and started to play with it. Love it!

Perhaps I'm doing things wrong, so please bare with me :)
I cannot get the Attachment Slider to work. All pictures show underneath each other and not as a slider. I use a UI.X custom theme but it also does not work in the default theme.
Screenshot 2015-04-11 08.52.53.webp Screenshot 2015-04-11 08.55.32.webp
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here :(

Last edited:
Please private message me the url of your forum so I can take a look. It appears as if the javascript isn't being loaded.

I'm experimenting with the similar threads widget and it seems to be working great. Just required a bit of work with editing the template (y)

One thing though; I would like to only display similar threads from the node of where the thread itself was created. Is that possible?

Or is it at least possible to exclude certain forums from the search results?

I'm asking because dated threads from our "Classifieds" section keeps popping up. Just to mention one example.

Last edited:
I'm experimenting with the similar threads widget and it seems to be working great. Just required a bit of work with editing the template (y)

One thing though; I would like to only display similar threads from the node of where the thread itself was created. Is that possible?

Or is it at least possible to exclude certain forums from the search results?

I'm asking because dated threads from our "Classifieds" section keeps popping up. Just to mention one example.
Somehow forgot to respond to this post. These are good ideas and have been requested. When I revisit this add on to include some tags functionality, I'll likely include it.

Feature request: base the function on thread tags as well.
once I see how the thread tagging is implemented schema wise and included in the models, this is likely a given ;)

@Daniel Hood
Happy with this purchase. But I was wondering if you could improve the posts widget to make it pull from specific forums. If that were possible one could use expressions on Widget Framework and have relevant "new posts" per forum. That would be so useful Daniel. Kindly consider...

I know WF has Latest Replies option within "Threads" widget, but the way it pulls the snippet isn't ideal. So I would like XM Widgets to do it if possible.

Last edited:
Some suggestions to improve Related thread widget and make it more accurate:
1. Have a field where the user can list some words that even if not met by "minimum word length" are still counted. "Ex: words like BP or sex or XF
2. Have a field where the user can list some words that even if met by "minimum word length" are still excluded. Ex: words like anyway, feel, because etc

You can maybe list these criteria options under 'Advanced' so as to keep it simple for the people who don't want to be bothered by these complications.

Last edited:
Getting this error in error log on XF 1.5.1 with similar threads widget enabled. Running 1.4 version on addon

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: forceTagMatch - library/XMWidgets/Threads/Similar.php:30
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XMWidgets/Threads/Similar.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/filmschoo...', 30, Array)
#1 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(683): XMWidgets_Threads_Similar->_render(Array, 'thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(397): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#3 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(316): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#4 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#5 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('thread_view', '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'thread_view')
#8 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#9 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#10 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(637): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home/filmschool/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 /home/filmschool/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(62) "http://www.filmschool.org/threads/unms-new-ifdm-program.12486/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Why is so difficult to even pay for the add on, i registered on the official site https://xenmods.com and each time i click on add to cart i get error like "
XenMods - Error
You do not have permission to purchase products.

What is the process of purchasing the add on

Top Bottom