Fixed XML Sitemap not including threads

adwolf1

On 1.4.0, my XML Sitemap is not generating properly -- it isn't including any threads, even though the option is ticked and we have a number of forums that guest/non-logged in users can see.

Is there a permission that i've overlooked somewhere?

On 1.4.0, my XML Sitemap is not generating properly -- it isn't including any threads, even though the option is ticked and we have a number of forums that guest/non-logged in users can see.

Is there a permission that i've overlooked somewhere?

I will add that the system is including Resources and Nodes properly, just not any threads.

Can you confirm this with add-ons disabled? (Disable add-ons and rebuild the sitemap manually.)

If you rebuild the sitemap via rebuild caches, do you see "threads" in the status message at all?

hi mike, i'll have to wait to disable all the plugins until site traffic goes down some.

i can tell you that when it is building the map it shows "threads (0)" as it is building -- so clearly it isn't seeing the hundreds of publicly-facing threads on our site.

any idea how to narrow down which add-on could be causing the issue? (I remember on vb you could just see which plugins were using which hooks and make an educated guess..) otherwise this is going to take a while :)

thanks!

Bug confirmed -- I turned off all add-ons via config.php and re-ran the sitemap, but still it couldn't find any threads.

What other data can I provide to help you troubleshoot?

Bug confirmed -- I turned off all add-ons via config.php and re-ran the sitemap, but still it couldn't find any threads.

What other data can I provide to help you troubleshoot?

Probably submitting a ticket in the customer area with log in details would help Mike out.

There was an optimization in the sitemap handler that didn't pan out as expected, so I've removed it. Specifically, if you didn't allow the "view node" permission for guests globally but allowed it for forums, it would just skip building threads.

This permission actually acts inconsistently from how it works when passing permissions down the node tree (if you can't view a parent node, you can never view the child node). This certainly isn't something that can change now due to backwards compatibility, but it could possibly be changed in a future (major) release.

Top Bottom