XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

Working great! Thanks for this.

Back in my vB3/vBSEO days, I used the vBSEO sitemap generator and it gave me a way of adding additional urls to a sitemap.txt file which would be picked up and added to the sitemaps when generated.

Would be slick if you had a little text box in the ACP where we could add individual URLs for any static items that are outside the normal sitemeap run.

That sounds pretty good. Should be easy to do, too.
Are you willing to donate / sponsor that feature?

Rigel Kentaurus updated Sitemap for XenForo with a new update entry:

Support for custom urls

This version of sitemaps has an added option in which you can specify a list of urls that you want to include in your sitemap.

View attachment 35125

Other niceties in this version include
  • The sitemap helper was renamed to a "Model" and is loaded with XenForo_Model::create(), other add-on developers can just extend that model and add a custom sitemap
  • A sample robots.txt is included. You can rename this to robots.txt if you don't have one

Read the rest of this update entry...

It can be manual and tedious but at least there is a solution to include urls from other add-ons that would never be picked up normally. I'm happy :)

Hi,

I have one question. Once I have installed this and set it up, how do I add it within the google webmaster site map area?

I added this to the bottom of my robots.txt
Code:
Sitemap: http://www.************.com/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
and submitted this to Google WMT under Optimization > Sitemap > Add/Test Sitemap:
www.********.com/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

(You only need to submit this 1 file as it contains the information for G to find the rest

Error Info
PHP:
Exception: Sitemap has been generated - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php:106
Generated By: Unknown Account, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(31): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->generate()
#1 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(204): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(148) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run&_xfToken=1%2C1350763087%2Cdd2780c178696d2ba2b362d87b57434719339248"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1350763087,dd2780c178696d2ba2b362d87b57434719339248"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Error Info
PHP:
Exception: Sitemap has been generated - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php:106
Generated By: Unknown Account, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(31): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->generate()
#1 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(204): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(148) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run&_xfToken=1%2C1350763087%2Cdd2780c178696d2ba2b362d87b57434719339248"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1350763087,dd2780c178696d2ba2b362d87b57434719339248"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hey Adam.
The solution for this is already on this thread. It has been mentioned several times.

Top Bottom