XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

When I submitted to Google Webmaster Tools, I get this:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

General HTTP error: 404 not found
HTTP Error: 404

When I submitted to Google Webmaster Tools, I get this:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

General HTTP error: 404 not found
HTTP Error: 404
Can you link us to your sitemap? If you can't even link to it then a 404 is the correct error.

What do you show in webmaster tools? I would add that ^ url above in the robots.txt in the meantime as well. You can see my post on the previous page I think (I know I recently posted my robots.txt on this forum and I think it was in this thread). Have you tried submitting that url to bing?
All it says is pending for Bing.

Try resubmitting to Google and see what it says. Show me a screen shot of the link you provided in google webmaster.

So do you just submit the /forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

I ask because it generates 5 in folder

#0 public_html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(30): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Index->generate()
#1 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#2 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#3 /public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(204): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#4 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#5 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

i have this addon installed for a month now but it was never generating sitemap...server error log is full of sitemap errors

Capture.webp

to further help you reproduce the issue go to sitemap options

select include members and generate sitemap then again come back to options unselect include members and select ping google and bing ...try generating the sitemap now .

Working great! Thanks for this.

Back in my vB3/vBSEO days, I used the vBSEO sitemap generator and it gave me a way of adding additional urls to a sitemap.txt file which would be picked up and added to the sitemaps when generated.

Would be slick if you had a little text box in the ACP where we could add individual URLs for any static items that are outside the normal sitemeap run.

Top Bottom