Resource icon

Xmas MessageUserInfo v1

No permission to download
Very nice resource but I need help :)
How can i prevent my messageuserinfo area from being green?

View attachment 61880
Here is my default theme color..
View attachment 61879

Thanks ;)

Just add the following to EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.messageUserBlock .helper {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/xmas-messageuserinfo-balls2013.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
display: block;
height: 47px;
left: -7px;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
width: 135px; }

.messageUserBlock:before {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/messageuserinfo-xmas2013.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
content: " ";
height: 30px;
margin-top: 4px;
right: -6px;
top: -10px;
width: 135px;
z-index: 1; }

.messageUserBlock:after {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/messageuserinfo-xmas2013.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
bottom: -25px;
.message .messageUserBlock h3.userText {text-align: center;}

Just add the following to EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.messageUserBlock .helper {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/xmas-messageuserinfo-balls2013.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
height: 47px;
left: -7px;
top: 0;

.messageUserBlock:before {
top: -10px;
width: 135px;
z-index: 1; }

.messageUserBlock:after {
bottom: -25px;
.message .messageUserBlock h3.userText {text-align: center;}
Perfect Thanks!!!!!!!! :love:

end.webp

If you go to the release thread you'll notice a snippet of css to not show the xmas stuff in narrow responsive, I submitted a while back, which will disable that. :)
Well that helped partially :)
With the snipper of css:

phodto.webp

Please note that without Xmas MessageUserInfo resource (and the snipper of course) it looks normal:

photo.webp

Maybe there is a conflict with another css code that i have inserted in the past :)

Well that helped partially :)
With the snipper of css:

View attachment 61887

Please note that without Xmas MessageUserInfo resource (and the snipper of course) it looks normal:

View attachment 61888

Maybe there is a conflict with another css code that i have inserted in the past :)

Yeah, that is intended. It is removed on narrowwidth since the narrowwidth is dynamic and the images are fixed as it'll display differently on many of the width settings on narrow and never sit correctly, so it's easiest to disable it from that setting.

I think this might do it.

Code:
.recentNews .messageUserBlock:before, .recentNews .messageUserBlock:after {display: none;}

If you have the helper span in too then you'll have to add all 3 classes in

Code:
.recentNews .messageUserBlock:before, .recentNews .messageUserBlock:after, .recentNews  .messageUserBlock .helper {display: none;}

I think this might do it.

Code:
.recentNews .messageUserBlock:before, .recentNews .messageUserBlock:after {display: none;}

If you have the helper span in too then you'll have to add all 3 classes in

Code:
.recentNews .messageUserBlock:before, .recentNews .messageUserBlock:after, .recentNews  .messageUserBlock .helper {display: none;}
Christmas magic!!!!! :love:

That helped a lot!! Back on ;)

Looks fantastic!

Does anyone know how I can change the colour of the usernames so I can make them a different colour.

They are orange site wide so a bit hard to read against the green messageuserinfo.

Cheers!

Is this easy to change the dimensions of this as I use a slightly wider messageuserinfo part? (144px instead of the standard 124px) Or would the images themselves need re-doing ?

Is this easy to change the dimensions of this as I use a slightly wider messageuserinfo part? (144px instead of the standard 124px) Or would the images themselves need re-doing ?

The images themselves would need redone.

Sorry for the short response I was on my mobile at the time of posting the previous post @Dakis

I might have something for your wider width today with regards to the images.

Looks fantastic!

Does anyone know how I can change the colour of the usernames so I can make them a different colour.

They are orange site wide so a bit hard to read against the green messageuserinfo.

Cheers!

You could add something like the following in your EXTRA.CSS template to change all the usergroup markups temporarily while you have the xmas stuff applied. Depending on your usergroup ID you would change "style3" "style4" etc for your usergroup and set the colour you want to use.

Code:
.messageUserBlock .style3,  .messageUserBlock .style4, .messageUserBlock .style5 { color: lime;}

You'll have to adjust the css accordingly for these to work. Because I have added the xmas balls to the moss this will use the two images instead of 3 so you should remove the helper span and just use the Before and after selectors

Attachments

• after.webp
    after.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 19
  • before.webp
    before.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks Shelley, I've tried making this work but I can't get the numbers right, thankyou for your help though.

Thanks Shelley, I've tried making this work but I can't get the numbers right, thankyou for your help though.

Could you re-apply it and link me to your site (style) and I can perhaps debug it and get a solution posted for you?

Top Bottom