[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

Hello, we're looking for a Blog system for AVForums. When is this blog going out of beta and when will you import blogs from vB3?
Thanks
Working on it as fast as time allows. There's a few more things I'd like to add in (not to mention the responsive style implementation). Import handling should also becoming up in the next release or two.

in the new version is still the same error ((( I put on a clean version 1.1.5 xenforo...

Array to string conversion
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1164
  3. XenForo_DataWriter->error() in XI/Blog/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 186
  4. XI_Blog_DataWriter_Discussion->_checkMessageValidity() in XI/Blog/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 162
  5. XI_Blog_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XI/Blog/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 347
  7. XI_Blog_ControllerPublic_Index->actionAddEntry() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/index.php at line 13

what could it be????

Last edited:
in the new version is still the same error ((( I put on a clean version 1.1.5 xenforo...

Array to string conversion
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1164
  3. XenForo_DataWriter->error() in XI/Blog/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 186
  4. XI_Blog_DataWriter_Discussion->_checkMessageValidity() in XI/Blog/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 162
  5. XI_Blog_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XI/Blog/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 347
  7. XI_Blog_ControllerPublic_Index->actionAddEntry() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/index.php at line 13

what could it be????
Can you describe the steps you're doing to get to that point?

Figured out the error is that the post of less than specified in the settings "Minimum Entry Length". Can make a check on the minimum number of characters in the blog?

Last edited:
-In very short supply, so when you select a category, the parent category was illuminated but it was impossible to choose...

-It would also be very handy to a "Publish Options", you can choose not only the "Additional Authors:" but the group members.

-Even during the transition in any category do not have enough buttons "Post New Entry".

-Also a good idea to move the blog.

-You can sort blogs by date, category and other criteria for sorting, as the forum?

It would be great if all of these features would be implemented. What is planned for the final release?

Last edited:
-In very short supply, so when you select a category, the parent category was illuminated but it was impossible to choose...

-It would also be very handy to a "Publish Options", you can choose not only the "Additional Authors:" but the group members.

-Even during the transition in any category do not have enough buttons "Post New Entry".

-Also a good idea to move the blog.

-You can sort blogs by date, category and other criteria for sorting, as the forum?

It would be great if all of these features would be implemented. What is planned for the final release?

The category system is getting a massive overhaul soon so it'll be completely different in the future.

I've suggested adding usergroups to Onimua but it was vetoed as it isn't something that can easily be done.

Why does a blog need to be moved? They're not sorted into a category or anything and are only per user. Moving blogs between users wouldn't make much sense.

Sorting is actually already included, it just hasn't been added to the front-end as far as I can remember.

Why does a blog need to be moved?
I do not expressed correctly, I'm sorry for my english, I'm from Russia. I have some of blogs, let's say I made a mistake and put my entry is not where wanted, how can I move it to the desired me my blog?

I've suggested adding usergroups to Onimua but it was vetoed as it isn't something that can easily be done.
Very sad. I wanted to write in my blog reports all users, and it means that you have to add every user to manually ...

Last edited:
I'm at the demo testing it out. I see two sets of permissions. That kind of confuses me. Is the first set of permissions for viewing the entry itself? That makes sense. What are the second set of permissions? Is that for viewing the entry comments or the blog it is under?

Or do you prefer me to ask these questions at your site.

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 1.56.19 PM.webp

I'm at the demo testing it out. I see two sets of permissions. That kind of confuses me. Is the first set of permissions for viewing the entry itself? That makes sense. What are the second set of permissions? Is that for viewing the entry comments or the blog it is under?

View attachment 51987
First set is for when creating a blog, second set is for the entry.

I do not expressed correctly, I'm sorry for my english, I'm from Russia. I have some of blogs, let's say I made a mistake and put my entry is not where wanted, how can I move it to the desired me my blog?
Moving entries between blogs is sensible, but something I thought I had put in already. It'll be there eventually. :)

Very sad. I wanted to write in my blog reports all users, and it means that you have to add every user to manually ...
'Additional Authors' is meant for a small amount of people; those who are working directly on the entry itself. An entry by default is viewable to everyone. What are you trying to achieve?

As a reminder, proper support should be posted here so we don't flood this thread with support questions.

View attachment 51987
The latest beta clarified that a bit, but the demo isn't updated. I should probably get on that. :p

Reactions: DRE
'Additional Authors' is meant for a small amount of people; those who are working directly on the entry itself. An entry by default is viewable to everyone. What are you trying to achieve?

As a reminder, proper support should be posted here so we don't flood this thread with support questions.

More detail my problem described here ...

Top Bottom