• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile? WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

RELEASED!
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfstop-mobile-style.9065

I know KMA said they had a mobile version of XenForo planned down the road and I'm positive I could come no where near it but... I got bored tonight and started working on one. It's a slimmed down version of the forums and I still have a ton of work to do but nevertheless:

mobile9.webp mobile1.webp
mobile2.webp mobile3.webp
mobile4.webp mobile5.webp
mobile6.webp mobile7.webp
mobile10.webp

I have yet to attempt one before but I've done plenty of styles for forums in the past(non-mobile) so we'll see how it goes :). I left the icons on there temporarily.

11/27/2010 - Updated some more pics, working on thread listing and user profile next

That looks really nice. A job well done. Will this work on all mobile devices?

So far tested on iPhone 4.2 as well as my Samsung Captivate running android 2.1, but other devices we'll see when it goes to beta haha :), again I'm doing this for fun and experimenting but I'll support it as much as I can.

The App I am making has the forum icons with titles below them kinda trimmed, and a slider to show 1,2,3 forums in a row, and 4 in landscape. There's a setting to either gets news-feed, what's new, or latest threads from forumlist in a list as opening, or the forum page itself. Additionally it lets you set option to directly go to that forum, or upon click first slides into a box that has the icon, title, and rss feed, below it the description and below that the latest post info.

Personally I like the forum to open on what's new, and have forum list directly jump to the forum icon / title I click on.

The xenforo loads sluggish when posting - even without the rich text editor. And that's on iphone4/wifi, unlike other sites. Maybe its the js or something, dunno yet.

nice, hopefully this will work on my Nokia X6, please could you convert it to android thing to allow nokia users to download.

Nice start.
Will images be resized to fit the screen?
Yes, it will inherit XenForo's re-sizer, works like a charm :)

nice, hopefully this will work on my Nokia X6, please could you convert it to android thing to allow nokia users to download.
This won't be an actual app such as what Floris is posting(at least I think he's referring specifically to a download-able app) but rather a mobile style so you'd just import it from the admin panel. All the colors will be easily customizable so you'll be able to customize it to your sites liking.

The point of this is not to put the forum at a reduced size but rather cut out some features that a user browsing on a phone would not necessarily need. There will be features missing on this Mobile Style but it's completely intended :)

This is great news! One thing I miss from going from IPB to xF is the mobile style.. I didn't use it much, but when I needed it it was very helpful. Working 40 hours a week and keeping an eye on the site, a mobile style certainly helps with that.

Thanks for working on this for us!

Jamie

Updated with some more pics, image re-sizer is working correctly, still not happy with the thread listing but I'll work on it :).

Again work in progress so majority of the pics will be changing in some way or another but I like keeping folks updated :)

STOP TEASING US!
More pictures uploaded lol :) more teasing :)
Added a little jump nav to the top left, which I'm still debating as to which links should go there but it works good so far :)

Added in alerts that function as well, as well as inbox :)

So far tested on iPhone 4.2 as well as my Samsung Captivate running android 2.1, but other devices we'll see when it goes to beta haha :), again I'm doing this for fun and experimenting but I'll support it as much as I can.
Must the user change to the mobile style or xF detect the litte resolution of the browser and change it for the session automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom