• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] Xenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to fix the profile bug without updating the style? I have made a lot of modifications to it, and I would prefer to keep it as it is.

Thanks.
stupid/naïve me didn't realise this, and that running the .xml again would revert all the style settings to default, so once i had done so i had to re-do all my modifications! fortunately, for me, this just meant changing the path to the forum logo and adding a couple of extra lines to the forum_list template, but i have only just begun to use xenforo and can see me making much greater modifications in future, so would also like to know the answer to this question :)

is it possible to update styles (or, more specifically, xenia) without losing modifications? or is it simply a case of having to back-up any templates one might have changed, and then restoring them once the update has been performed?

thanks..

Install the style as a parent.

Make a child of it and do your customisations in the child.
ah; brilliant!

so by doing this, you can update and overwrite the parent style as many times as you like, and the changes in the update will be reflected in the child, but the customisations will not be lost? is that right?

Is there a way to fix the profile bug without updating the style?
Find in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.profilePage .main {
    border-left:none !important;
}
And replace with:
Code:
.profilePage .main {
    margin-left:203px !important;
}
.profilePage .tabs.mainTabs li a {
    padding-left:15px !important;
    padding-right:15px !important;
}

Install the style as a parent.

Make a child of it and do your customisations in the child.

I am not sure I understand how this works. If there are template changes in the parent style, how does it know which changes to change, and which to ignore?

Find in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.profilePage .main {
}
And replace with:
Code:
.profilePage .main {
    margin-left:203px !important;
}
.profilePage .tabs.mainTabs li a {
    padding-left:15px !important;
    padding-right:15px !important;
}

Thanks dude!

i've just read over that, and still don't quite get it.. any chance you can explain it in layman's terms for us "non-developers" (i.e. people like myself who bought xenforo as they wanted a "plug & play" platform that they could modify via add-ons/styles without needing coding knowledge)?

as per your previous excellent advice, i have created a child style of Xenia, customised it slightly (e.g. changed the path to the header logo, added a few things to the sidebar, etc.) and use that as the style for my forum.. so far so good.. but, if Romchik® updates his style, when i install it how will it know not to overwrite my customisations? or, more specifically, merge his changes with my changes?

sorry if this seems like a daft question - it's not obvious to non-coders like myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom