• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not coder ..it's just an idea ^^
'modifying' an add-on to make it something entirely different doesn't work, especially in cases like this when it is a matter of scope.

Just like people who were telling Onimua to just 'rename' and change a 'few things' to make his LN Blog add-on a review, tutorial system, or many other things (One person even suggested a CMS :rolleyes:).

A gallery is significantly different than an album add-on.

Reactions: Bob
Add-on for XenForo 1.0.0 (and possible newer versions :))
User Albums v.1.0.0 Beta 2
Awesome add-on! Thanks so much for making it!!!

Quick suggestions for an addition you may want to add to your next release:

Sortable albums, and
Sortable photos

Thanks again! :)

hello,

at the moment are the comments on our site limited to 420 words.........what can i do, that i can write longer comments to the pictures? our users discuss, a lot of in the albums...........

Can 1 user create multiple albums? Is there a limit we can set?

If your asking for permissions on only one member , I dont think you can do that. One overall limit Yes thats ok.

It would be good to have seperate permissions on different member types, But it doesn't as of now :( I have been waiting to see if it happens

If your asking for permissions on only one member , I dont think you can do that. One overall limit Yes thats ok.

It would be good to have seperate permissions on different member types, But it doesn't as of now :( I have been waiting to see if it happens
See the options here:
Capture.webp

Notice the box in red and what is highlighted underneath. While you are partially right about it being for all members, you also can limit it by user group/member so one group can create as many as you are willing and others can't create any at all. Individual member permissions also come into play, I discovered that I had to edit the permissions of EVERY single designer in the Designer group, that editing the member group permissions wasn't all I had to do. Seems that individuals assigned to a group do not automatically inherit all the permissions granted that group.

See the options here:
View attachment 15144

Notice the box in red and what is highlighted underneath. While you are partially right about it being for all members, you also can limit it by user group/member so one group can create as many as you are willing and others can't create any at all. Individual member permissions also come into play, I discovered that I had to edit the permissions of EVERY single designer in the Designer group, that editing the member group permissions wasn't all I had to do. Seems that individuals assigned to a group do not automatically inherit all the permissions granted that group.
looks like there is no group permissions where would i do that?
The screenshot shows the whole board setting only

I found the add-on and loaded this as described, it appears to have loaded correctly. However I don't show an Album Tab at the top nor can I find the Users Albums.... maybe I did miss something.

Where do I find the "set permissions for the user groups"

I found the add-on and loaded this as described, it appears to have loaded correctly. However I don't show an Album Tab at the top nor can I find the Users Albums.... maybe I did miss something.

Where do I find the "set permissions for the user groups"
Admin Panel>User Tab>Permissions. You have to set group permssions but also check each individual permission, esp your own to be sure it's there.

Liz

Liz that was it, I just had to adjust the permossion settings and it works great!!

One additional queation - currently the defalt is 3 images, is there a way to edit the number of images and their size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom