• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] User Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
wickedstangs.com really has a nice implementation of the albums, could be an idea for Pepelac for implementation. Although with some tweaks, I see some shortcomings in their way of presenting the albums.

Garamond, based on our comment it looks like wickedstangs.com customized it themselves and this is not part of the add-on.

I'd love that layout as it presents very nicely. WickedStangs, can you share how you were able to customize the /useralbums page?

Maybe I'm blind, but what is that "nice implementation"? Cannot see much difference from the default grid layout. :)

Pepelac,

I haven't downloaded or installed your add-on, but I noticed that the /useralbums page is a basic list of all albums.

UserAlbums_Before.webp

Meanwhile, WickedStangs has it setup (similar to the way that your 'user' page displays the images)

UserAlbums_After.webp

Is this part of the current version of the add-on or was this customized?

Oh, great! Thanks Pepelac, that was my original question and I was led to believe that this was a customization. Thanks again! :D

There is an option in ACP, where you can change layout from table view to grid.
I'd say the default view should be Grid View.
When a user clicks on the word Gallery .. you should see at least one Image.
useralbums_before-jpg.18225

This type of layout is just too sparse.

albums-lightbox-jpg.18012

Comments on images ... AWESOME ! Like = Awesome. I might try to "save" a bit more space in the comment section by putting [Post Comments] beside the comment box and combine the Comments Title, date and Like all in one line. Keep the focus on the image, not the comments.

Idea: when a user adds items to their gallery ... it shows up in What's New !

Question: are images in [XFR] User Albums xenforo Content items (just like posts)? (I probably don't have the exact word here, Jaxel said his wiki items were the same as posts, but don't show up in what's new because xenforo doesn't allow non-post content items to show up (yet).

I think galleries will be MUCH more used and useful if there is integration with the "main traffic" of the forum.

The +Like aspect of the images will help forum/gallery interaction ... but showing up in what's new would be killer.

That means, that something wrong with the JS. It should link to album and open lightbox. Will check this out.
Any news on this? Its important to bring the user to the image they click on. Looking forward to upgrading to this. Going to be doing some major design changes for it :)
Well done again.

I haven't installed this add-on yet, but the closer we get to the switch from vB to xF, the more I feel I may need to install this one :)

Is there an option to go with the useralbums layout such as wickedstangs.com has it? Or, was that customized?

If so, how was this done?

You have the option to display either "Table View" or "Grid View", the one that wickedstangs use is Grid View.

> http://cogumelosmagicos.org/comunidade/misc/style?style_id=3&redirect=/comunidade/useralbums/

I have just started to play around with this mod and here is a simple change if you want to have random images shown at the top of it like:
View attachment 18240

Now, this is extremely dependent on you NOT having any other mod use the Hook Name "forum_list_nodes"

Open the xfr_useralbums_albums_list template and add:
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
    <xen:include template="xfr_useralbums_forum_list_random_images" />
</xen:hook>
Just after:
Code:
<div class="pageNavLinkGroup">
    <xen:pagenav link="useralbums" linkdata="" linkparams="" page="{$page}" perpage="{$albumsPerPage}" total="{$totalAlbums}" />
</div>

Hope it helps someone to start with
Why not only <xen:include template="xfr_useralbums_forum_list_random_images" /> without the surrounding hook?;)

IMO hook forum_list_nodes is for the forum list and for nothing else;)

How can i like a img?

On the overview, i can't click on any of the 3 icons
img.webp
If i click on the image, i get the lightbox with comments, but can't see the like link(permissions are set correct)

Because it doesn't work as the mod is tied to the hook...as I said it was a simple and easy way to do it however to remove the hook connection would take further work
And if you create a own template hook?
Then you wouldn't have problems with
now, this is extremely dependent on you NOT having any other mod use the Hook Name "forum_list_nodes"
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom