Resource icon

[xfr] User Albums More 1.0.0

No permission to download

Sadik B

sadikb submitted a new resource:

[xfr] User Albums More (version 1.0.0) - Extra Album Types for [xfr] User Albums Addon

This Addon adds three Extra Album Types to the Brilliant User Albums Addon by Peplac.

Features:

Three Album Types are added:
  1. Members Only - Guests will not be able to view the Album
  2. Followed Members Only - Only members the album creator follows will be able to see the album
  3. Selected Members Only - Only specific Members you specify will see the Album
Also, One Moderator Permission...

Read more about this resource...

If an album is marked as 'Member's Only' will comments from that album show up on the album sidebar home page?

I also have a private version of XFR User Albums with the same options but it was developed by Robbo. That was one of the problems I had with it.

Alright this is better than my own then. The only problem is Robbo had me change the album types directly in phpMyAdmin. I'm not sure how to revert the changes so that I can add this one.

Alright this is better than my own then. The only problem is Robbo had me change the album types directly in phpMyAdmin. I'm not sure how to revert the changes so that I can add this one.

Wouldn't matter. This alters the table on Install irrespective of what currently allowed values are.

But if you have modification done to the original User Albums Addon, I am not sure if everything would work perfectly for you. Ideally this would work perfectly with original User Albums Addon. Also, if you are using Robbo's version and members have created member only or followed only album types, installing this won't carry that data over. Members will have to re-select their album type by editing their albums.

sadikb, well done addon. (y)
I would love if albums typs Members Only, People You Follow Only and Selected Members Only would be the ready for translation (language phrase). :)

sadikb, well done addon. (y)
I would love if albums typs Members Only, People You Follow Only and Selected Members Only would be the ready for translation (language phrase). :)

Good Point. Actually since there are no template hooks in there, I had to use template_post_render to inject them in the template. phrases are already parsed when template_post_render is called. Hence these are not phrases and I have hard coded them in the php file. There is however another way to use a phrase in template_post_render. I will look into that.

In the meantime unfortunately you will have to edit the file StaticMethods.php and edit the words directly.

On my boards I have an additional members group separate from the registered members group. Currently with this mod, due to permissions those members are able see private galleries however they are not able to view the full images within them, only the previews (thumbnails) of each image. When using the 'members only' album option, those same members are able to view the albums completely, whereas registered members are not even able to see the albums. (I have the permission - 'view private albums' turned off on registered members but on for the 'special' member group).

Is there a way to remove the private albums from being seen by the 'special' member group as well or to remove the option to create private albums in general? I see no reason to have these currently since my special members group can simply use the 'members only' option to post picture that only their group can see.

On my boards I have an additional members group separate from the registered members group. Currently with this mod, due to permissions those members are able see private galleries however they are not able to view the full images within them, only the previews (thumbnails) of each image. When using the 'members only' album option, those same members are able to view the albums completely, whereas registered members are not even able to see the albums. (I have the permission - 'view private albums' turned off on registered members but on for the 'special' member group).

Is there a way to remove the private albums from being seen by the 'special' member group as well or to remove the option to create private albums in general? I see no reason to have these currently since my special members group can simply use the 'members only' option to post picture that only their group can see.

Hi...

Private Albums are actually a feature of the original XFR User Albums addon. This Mod does not touch the private functionality in any way. I am not sure I fully understand what you are saying, but having an additional usergroup will not affect the functionality of this MOD in any way. When you say that the 2nd Usergroup is able to view private gallery thumbnails, it may be default behavior of XFR User Albums. What you should do is disable my MOD and note the behaviour of the orginal Albums MOD. Then enable my mod and see what problems if any you have.

Nice resource! Will try it then, but would love for this to maybe include a "gender based access" feature then as well. Like, only males can view female albums (except of course, the female/male album creator), and females to see male albums lol.

lol... sorry mate not happening any time soon... :)

Top Bottom