• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XFR] BoardNotices - advanced notice system

Wow, you read my mind. This is the ONE thing that I was missing from my previous system... and now life is complete! Thanks!

I got this error:

Code:
Error Info Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace

#0 /public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????DELETE FROM...')
#1 /public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????DELETE FROM...')
#2 /public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????DELETE FROM...')
#3 /public_html/library/XfRu/BoardNotices/Model/Notice.php(254): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????DELETE FROM...')
#4 /public_html/library/XfRu/BoardNotices/Model/Notice.php(229): XfRu_BoardNotices_Model_Notice->deleteDismissionsByNoticeIds(Array)
#5 /public_html/library/XfRu/BoardNotices/CronEntry/Archive.php(19): XfRu_BoardNotices_Model_Notice->archiveExpiredNotices()
#6 [internal function]: XfRu_BoardNotices_CronEntry_Archive::archiveNotices()
#7 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(353): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /public_html/library/WhoHasReadAThread/Model/Cron.php(30): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): WhoHasReadAThread_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#10 /public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
#11 /public_html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#12 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.site.com/cron.php?1304727210"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    [1304727210] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If you want to display the notice system in the portal (Xen Porta), edit​
EWRporta_Portal template (Admin control panel -> appearance -> Templates -> appropriate style -> template EWRporta_Portal -> double click):​

Search (near the beginning, line 10):​
PHP:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.top}">
<div class="sidebar topBlocks">
<xen:foreach loop="$blocks.top" value="$block">
{xen:raw $block}
</xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>

And change it for:
PHP:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">

</div>

</xen:hook>

An alternative is:

PHP:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
</xen:hook>

</div>

Also be on the portal and work fine.​

1.webp​

Salud2​

Fantastic one!!! Just a question. Is it possible to show a notice when a user subscription is ended? Since XF does not send any warning or email, I would like to use your addon to make a notice appear when the subscription is ended.

Thank you!

In xfr_bn_acp_notice_edit template don´t exist phrase from in
PHP:
                {xen:phrase from}: <xen:textbox type="date" name="start_date" value="{xen:if $notice.start_date, {xen:date $notice.start_date, picker}, ''}" />

Please, put it.

Salud2

Another suggestion with regards to displays. I'm liking the global option but I think it would be very nice option to add in the display settings if you can check and select a forum index only display. For me especially it would save cluttering other notices in specific areas whilst still reaching out to members for the time limited notices. :)

If you want to display the notice system in the portal (Xen Porta), edit​
EWRporta_Portal template (Admin control panel -> appearance -> Templates -> appropriate style -> template EWRporta_Portal -> double click):​

Also be on the portal and work fine.​

Salud2​

Just what I needed. Thank you!

Installed! Great addon but I would like to have something more customizable including also, for example

Birthdate of a user
End of subscription

Anyway thanks a lot...

Awesome addon, love it, was a feature I had been gravely missing from when we converted from VB to XenForo. Donation on it's way.

Top Bottom