XFMG (Video thumbnail)

JoyFreak

I have noticed when uploading a video, a thumbnail is not automatically generated and one must upload one manually. Is there a way this can automatically be done, with a random thumbnail from the video set, sort of like YouTube? As I can see my members being lazy and uploading the video and not setting a thumbnail manually. If loads of members decide to upload videos, it will leave the XFMG index page looking dull without any thumbnails at all!

Ok so that worked. Thank you!

But this brings me to question, if you can automatically set the thumbnail of the video too? As it currently stands, the thumbnail of the video is the first 0-1 sec of the video?

196340this1.webp

Last edited:
Assuming you're talking about the black screen when you're actually viewing the video, this isn't something we actually generate a thumbnail for. As you noted, it displays something like the first frame of the video. If the first frame of the video is all black, this is what it looks like.

It's just the default behaviour of HTML5 video.

Thank you for confirming this.

Lastly, is there an option to remove all that in red and just display the video when embedded into a thread? Or would I require CSS? I can do it with CSS easily but just wondered a confirmation if there is an option for this currently before I start playing around?

thisis.webp

Many thanks!

Side note, i cant get my twitter card to pull a thumbnail for youtube link posts.

I am using
DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.0.0
to autopost new threads to twitter. It does fine when an image is pasted into the body of the thread, but when I paste a url to a youtube vide, it just uses my defualt Twitter og:image.

ANy ideas on how to get this fixed?

This can only be done if you "Enable FFmpeg features" in the XFMG options.

All well and good .. but what do you put in the path?
Some videos have a thumbnail - some don't ... is only since the last updates ...

LG: Tammy

in Deutsch wegen evtl. Google-Übersetzungsfehler:
(Alles schön und gut .. aber was trägt man in den Pfad ein?
Manche Videos haben ein Vorschaubild - manche nicht ... ist erst irgendwann seit den letzten Updates ... )
Liebe Grüsse:
Tammy

Nothing will have changed due to recent updates. You will have only ever been able to generate video thumbnails if the FFmpeg binary path is populated.

The value you put in depends on where FFmpeg is installed on your server.

If you don't know where this is, then maybe your host can help. If you haven't installed it before then it will need to be installed first.

The correct build for your server's processor can be downloaded here if you are using Linux:

That's the same question I just answered. I can't really be more specific.

Nothing will have changed due to recent updates. You will have only ever been able to generate video thumbnails if the FFmpeg binary path is populated.

The value you put in depends on where FFmpeg is installed on your server.

If you don't know where this is, then maybe your host can help. If you haven't installed it before then it will need to be installed first.

The correct build for your server's processor can be downloaded here if you are using Linux:

After getting a backup, I will apply the following operations to my server where I installed Centos 7

See Ffmpeg CentOS 7 for installation.

We are installing the EPEL repo plugin.

Code:
yum -y install epel-release

Next, we run the following commands and perform two installations with the rpm command.

Code:
rpm --import http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/RPM-GPG-KEY-nux.ro
Code:
rpm -Uvh http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/nux-dextop-release-0-1.el7.nux.noarch.rpm

Now everything is ready for installation. We install the ffmpeg with the command below.

Code:
yum -y install ffmpeg ffmpeg-devel

Code:
ffmpeg

Top Bottom