[XFA] Thread Template - XF2

[XFA] Thread Template - XF2 [Paid] 3.0.3

No permission to buy (€5.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Thread Template - XF2 - Define thread message templates for your forums !

Description
Thread Template lets you define default message template for each of your nodes.

It can be useful for example if there are information you'd like to have when your user post support requests.

Features
  • Configurable per forum from the add/edit node pages
  • Wysiwyg editor [NEW 2.0.0]

Install/Uninstall instructions
The readme is available HERE.

Read more about this resource...

Bought > Downloaded > Upgraded from v1 > WORKS PERFECTLY!! I wasn't expecting all my settings to carry over - this is perfect. Thank you!

Bought > Downloaded > Upgraded from v1 > WORKS PERFECTLY!! I wasn't expecting all my settings to carry over - this is perfect. Thank you!

Well that was the basis ;)

Plus now you have a wyswyg editor so easy to edit and format !

I imagine it's not currently a feature, but I would be interested in this same functionality, but with the ability to pre-define text, drop-down selection, and others for custom thread fields (ideal would be to re-configure default text/selections for custom fields based on user-selected prefix).

I imagine it's not currently a feature, but I would be interested in this same functionality, but with the ability to pre-define text, drop-down selection, and others for custom thread fields (ideal would be to re-configure default text/selections for custom fields based on user-selected prefix).

You mean have multiple selection of pre-define text for the user ?
Selection depending on prefix is not something I would be implementing.

Clément

Sounds like you're asking for something you can already do with custom fields, at least the first part: you can already currently pre-define text, drop -down selection, etc. The only thing is you're limited to where it can be placed, at the top or bottom of the post.

I am not sure that would make real sense for a forum to have default thread replies, would it ?

If the template is merely stipulating the format of the reply, then it makes a lot of sense. Example:
Opening post:
What car do you drive and what are the pros and cons?

Reply template:
Car:
Model:
Year:
Mileage:

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:
Now the members replying don't have to think about the correct format or what to enter. They can just fill in the template.

Yes yes I understand that.

But if you look at how my add-on works, you set thread templates per forum.
That's why I stated it wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom