[XFA] Tags Generator (support threads, resources, medias, UBS, AMS) - XF2

[XFA] Tags Generator (support threads, resources, medias, UBS, AMS) - XF2 [Paid] 3.2.0

No permission to buy (€15.00)
@XFA Any chance of adding an option to display thread tags underneath the thread title on the forum view (thread list)? This is one option I especially would like, now that M2N has left us hanging. Thanks

@XFA Any chance of adding an option to display thread tags underneath the thread title on the forum view (thread list)? This is one option I especially would like, now that M2N has left us hanging. Thanks

That's something feasible but that doesn't really has a direct link with my add-on.

That's something feasible but that doesn't really has a direct link with my add-on.
Well, of course it's up to you whether you want to make it part of your addon, or create another one. Just hoping that someone, whether it's you or someone else, picks up the slack. Because although I'd be very happy if they did, I'm not counting on XF improving much on any already existing core features. ;)

be nice to see this working for xfmg as well...is it possible to add the support?

considering trying this out, hesitating a little bit tho for ignoring the gallery...

Hi XFA I would like to know if is it possible to add the tags only from the title of the thread and not from the body and if yes how to do this?

In fact no, you can include the title but by default it only takes the content.
Why ? Because there is a threshold of words occurences, so for titles it wouldn't make sense and wouldn't work well.

be nice to see this working for xfmg as well...is it possible to add the support?

considering trying this out, hesitating a little bit tho for ignoring the gallery...

The problem with the gallery is that it's image so there is no real keywords to fetch.

Why ? Because there is a threshold of words occurences, so for titles it wouldn't make sense and wouldn't work well.

The problem with the gallery is that it's image so there is no real keywords to fetch.

what about filename and description? xfmg does support tags so could be nice to ease that...if possible..

what about filename and description? xfmg does support tags so could be nice to ease that...if possible..

Yeah guess it could be based on description, filename would work only if not underscored for sure.
Feel free to post this as a feature request in our dedicated subforum for this add-on.

It depends. Because if you have the threads with good titles (my moderators always check this) then is useful to include the words of the title because are really descriptive.
So a good option that could be implemented would be to add 2 options in the plugin as:
Add the tags of the title: (yes or not)
How many tags from the title must be token: (you can select 1 or 2 or 3...)
Take the tags from the body of the post: (yes or not)
How many tags must be token from the post: (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ecc and you can select the number of tags you want add from a place or another)

I don't get your story of tokens.
Right now it's selecting tokens based on the fact that they appear multiple times.

I've installed this add-on but it doesn't seem to be auto adding tags yet. Anything i'm missing in terms of doing this to old threads? The settings are not that extensive.

It's doing it for new threads not having tags upon creation.
For older one you need to run the tool from the admincp.

I don't get your story of tokens.
Right now it's selecting tokens based on the fact that they appear multiple times.
It depends. Because if you have the titles of the thread that are really descriptives then sure is better to check before there or only there by preferences. So you can add the clasic tags for that section and then tell the plugin to take the others from the threads titles

What tool? I do not see a function to tag all threads or run a manual job.

Admin cp > Forums > Thread tags generator.

It depends. Because if you have the titles of the thread that are really descriptives then sure is better to check before there or only there by preferences. So you can add the clasic tags for that section and then tell the plugin to take the others from the threads titles

That would be to complex to implement and very specific.

It's on my todo list.
I am finishing Trophies Enhancement upgrade, might consider this one after.

Top Bottom