[XFA] Tags Generator (support threads, resources, medias, UBS, AMS) - XF2

[XFA] Tags Generator (support threads, resources, medias, UBS, AMS) - XF2 [Paid] 3.2.0

No permission to buy (€15.00)
You mean pick only threads or resources with a particular prefix to check if ensure they have tags ?

It can yes through admincp, you have the choice to do it manually or make it automated

Hey Clément,

I am not sure wether others have mentioned that before. When the filter settings in the option page have been set the way, that the tags generator can´t find and add tags to a thread and the option "Automatically process all pages" is selected, then while running, on the first page threads are stuffing up with 0 tags - until the site reaches the "Process X threads per page" limit. I´ve already streched the limit to 500 threads per page, but that doesn´t help, since even that limit is reached and the tags generator stops. It would be a great help, when the tags generator would fetch all threads matching the filter setings and could then disregard those where he can´t add tags on a per run basis. That way, when a thread has received more content and has become "tag able" with the next run, the thread receives his tags but the stuffing won´t occur any longer that triggers the generator to stop.

And what I really would like to ask you to implement, I guess I begged for that already after initial release, would be to add a xfcron job. I guess most of us forget about running the generator frequently and I am always surprised, how many threads need to be "tagged". That would be a major improvement, like a fire & forget system.

Hey Clément,

I am not sure wether others have mentioned that before. When the filter settings in the option page have been set the way, that the tags generator can´t find and add tags to a thread and the option "Automatically process all pages" is selected, then while running, on the first page threads are stuffing up with 0 tags - until the site reaches the "Process X threads per page" limit. I´ve already streched the limit to 500 threads per page, but that doesn´t help, since even that limit is reached and the tags generator stops. It would be a great help, when the tags generator would fetch all threads matching the filter setings and could then disregard those where he can´t add tags on a per run basis. That way, when a thread has received more content and has become "tag able" with the next run, the thread receives his tags but the stuffing won´t occur any longer that triggers the generator to stop.

And what I really would like to ask you to implement, I guess I begged for that already after initial release, would be to add a xfcron job. I guess most of us forget about running the generator frequently and I am always surprised, how many threads need to be "tagged". That would be a major improvement, like a fire & forget system.
For the first one you lost me 😅

For the second one, you mean like a cron that would process X threads each time it runs ?

For the first one you lost me 😅
May be a translation to your native language fits better ;)

Je ne suis pas sûr que d'autres l'aient déjà mentionné. Si les paramètres de filtrage de la page d'options sont réglés de telle sorte que le générateur de balises ne puisse pas trouver et ajouter des balises à un fil de discussion (par exemple parce qu'il ne trouve que les mots d'arrêt qui sont exclus ou que les termes doivent apparaître au moins 2 fois dans le fil de discussion) et que l'option "Traiter automatiquement toutes les pages" est sélectionnée, alors pendant le fonctionnement sur la première page, les fils de discussion sont remplis de 0 balises - jusqu'à ce que la page atteigne la limite "Traiter X fils par page". J'ai déjà étendu la limite à 500 fils par page, mais cela n'aide pas car même cette limite est atteinte et le générateur de balises s'arrête. Ce serait très utile si le générateur de balises pouvait récupérer tous les fils de discussion qui correspondent aux paramètres du filtre, puis ignorer ceux pour lesquels il ne peut pas ajouter de balises par exécution. Ainsi, lorsqu'un fil a reçu plus de contenu et est devenu "tag-able" à l'exécution suivante, le fil reçoit ses balises, mais il ne se produit plus le bourrage qui provoque l'arrêt du générateur dans la configuration précédente.

For the second one, you mean like a cron that would process X threads each time it runs ?
Yep, exactly, like a daily xfcron. The filter settings would have to be stored in the addon for that, but I guess that´s not a problem, or?

Oh I see for the automated thing, understood.

For the cron, yeah it would need to be set, it's not necessarily an issue just some coding.

Great add-on @XFA just went to your site and bought it. No one ever enters tags on most sites so this can come in real handy and I'm positive the search engine loves it ;)

I'll let you know if I run into any issues. Pretty smart so it shouldn't be too difficult to setup.

Great add-on @XFA just went to your site and bought it. No one ever enters tags on most sites so this can come in real handy and I'm positive the search engine loves it ;)

I'll let you know if I run into any issues. Pretty smart so it shouldn't be too difficult to setup.
Don't hesitate to leave that as a review ;)

Top Bottom