[XFA] RM Multiple Categories Resources

[XFA] RM Multiple Categories Resources [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy (€2.80)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] RM Multiple Categories Resources - Enhance your Resource Manager with the capability to show resources in multiple categories

Description & Features
Ever wanted to go over the limitation of the Resource Manager to only display a resource in a single category ?
Then this add-on is the solution, it allows selecting categories to display the resource in.
  • Unlimited number of display categories
  • Easy selection of the categories through multiple selection list
  • Taken into account in categories resource count
  • Option to select if the breadcrumb should show the...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: sbj
I have registered, but there is no confirmation mail. I bought the addon anyway, but I have no permission to load it (Even if I entered the URL for the license).

Yes, and there is still no mail. I also used the contact form on the page and there was so far no answer.

Last edited:
We don't check the mail related to the contact page, so our fault.

Anyways, are you sure the mail did not get pushed to the spam on your email account ?
Or are you sure you input a correct email ?

Otherwise I'll activate manually but not really eager to do so.

I had to change my email address, it did not arrive at my normal address (Although it definitely works). Now my account is activated.

Now there is a problem with the installation. This error message appears:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OR display_in LIKE '%//%') AND resource_state = 'visible'' at line 3

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XFA/RMMultiCatResources/Extends/XenResource/DataWriter/Category.php at line 33
  6. XFA_RMMultiCatResources_Extends_XenResource_DataWriter_Category->updateResourceCount() in XFA/RMMultiCatResources/Extends/XenResource/DataWriter/Resource.php at line 56
  7. XFA_RMMultiCatResources_Extends_XenResource_DataWriter_Resource->_postSave() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1486203119.php at line1423
  8. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XFA/RMMultiCatResources/Deferred/Install.php at line 42
  9. XFA_RMMultiCatResources_Deferred_Install->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/admin.php at line 13

And it's not possible to uninstall it after this error:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'display_in' in 'field list' in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1486203119.php at line 1654
  6. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1486203119.php at line 1623
  7. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1486203119.php at line 1419
  8. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XFA/RMMultiCatResources/Deferred/Install.php at line 42
  9. XFA_RMMultiCatResources_Deferred_Install->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
  13. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
  14. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
  15. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/dev.elderscrollsportal.de/admin.php at line 13

I will have to check the install code but it's odd.

So what is your currnet status ?
The add-on is installed and you can't uninstall it ?

The install code is fine, tested it on another setup.
Not sure what went wrong.

If you could grant me admin access + ftp (per pm), I may be able to clean that up.

So what is your currnet status ?
The add-on is installed and you can't uninstall it ?

Exactly, in the moment it's not possible to uninstall it correctly or install it. I tried to install it again, but the same error appears after rebuilt all resources. The column display_in exists now, but there is always this error message. Fortunately, I have installed the extension only in our development area.

In general it's not not possible to rebuilt any cache. There is always the error message "Mysqli prepare error".

If you could grant me admin access + ftp (per pm), I may be able to clean that up.
That's not possible in the moment, but thanks for the offer. Perhaps I will come back to it if we can not solve it differently.

EDIT: After removing the entry in xf_deferred and remove the columns from the database manually the uninstall works. No we will try to find a solution for the install problem.

Last edited:
I found the mistake. There were bad entries in the xf_resource table. When I moved my site, the resources were imported, and those without the right category had the ID 0. After deleting these few entries the installation works correct. Thanks for the help.

Now I have a few suggestions for this addon :)
  • Normal resources are visible in the subcategory and in the higher-level categories. In the additional categories of a resource, they are only visible in these categories and on the higher-level categories. This is somewhat inconsistent, it would be great if they were treated as normal categories.
  • On the list of resources there you can see the category of each resource, but in the moment only the main category. A list of each category would be great there.

Last edited:
I found the mistake. There were bad entries in the xf_resource table. When I moved my site, the resources were imported, and those without the right category had the ID 0. After deleting these few entries the installation works correct. Thanks for the help.

Now I have a few suggestions for this addon :)
  • Normal resources are visible in the subcategory and in the higher-level categories. In the additional categories of a resource, they are only visible in these categories and on the higher-level categories. This is somewhat inconsistent, it would be great if they were treated as normal categories.
  • On the list of resources there you can see the category of each resource, but in the moment only the main category. A list of each category would be great there.

Not sure to have understood the first request.

Suggestions are to be done thourhg the dedicated sub forum on our forum.
One suggestion per thread.

Top Bottom