[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak

[XFA] Nodes Icon Tweak [Paid] 2.8.1

No permission to buy (€4.00)
No, actually it was "edit and save" a subcategory for the standard forums in admin control panel.

You are sure it's not one set in the admincp option of Snog's add-on where you select the forums ?

Yes, I am sure.

It is our staff forums category, which of course is hidden from public view, and I wished to add the icon to that forum category. That is where this issue was discovered.

Our staff forums are not designated nor specified in snogs groups mod settings nor is it within any of the group created forums.

Hum, one thing we could try, edit the code event listeners from Nodes Icon Tweak (debug mode need to be active) in admincp and lower the callback execution order below 10.
For the 5th of them.

Man this is confusing.. I want to use my own icons and i have a png file but when I go to select it its greyed out : Use icons from server (No icons found on server)

What do you mean theres no icons found on the server arnt I supposed to point the url to the icon I want? What folder do I upload my .png image in for the custom icon?

Man this is confusing.. I want to use my own icons and i have a png file but when I go to select it its greyed out : Use icons from server (No icons found on server)

What do you mean theres no icons found on the server arnt I supposed to point the url to the icon I want? What folder do I upload my .png image in for the custom icon?

Nope, you must upload them to data/xfa/nodesicontweak/icons :)

I think this is stated in the admin page isn't it ?

Strange, I bought this add-on, uploaded all the files, imported the add-on xml, and i see the options in my node list when viewing a forum, but nothing works, if i select font awesome, no previews, all just f00c hex, no matter what i select, nothing changes, no icon in admincp, and nothing changes in my forum listing, just default xenforo.

I am using the nerva skin -> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nerva-by-ipbforo.3852/ <- you think maybe something is not updating right on install, i got no errors and it says there is no outdated templates.

Please help, really want to change my icons.

UPDATE: -- I found a setting in my Nerva IPBForo skin to disable usage of Font Awesome on Node Icons.

And now its a bit better, I can select 'icons from server' and they appear in my listing, but still if I pick a font awesome one I have no icon what it is as the preview does not work in the admincp listing, and also when it comes to sub-forums i get not both the font awesome and the custom icon one i picked, but at least its basically working.

Another thing I noticed is for forums the formatting is ok 36 and 14 for px for the custom icons, but for catergories it gets cut off, as you can see here:

http://www.maxconsole.com/forums/

Look at the Xbox Discussion ones near the middle, that is section I changed so far.

Other than my skin problems and the admin preview, so far as second XFA add-on I bought its working good.

UPDATE #2:

For my skin, i can't have the icons on category bigger than 20px for both large and small, anything else it gets cut off, at least now I know, have to work with the limits for that.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yeah you have to adapt depending on the skin.

Is that fine now ?

Clément

Hi,

Yeah you have to adapt depending on the skin.

Is that fine now ?

Clément

So far I got everything working except for the preview of what 'font awesome' icon I am picking in the admincp for the forum node, everything is the same little hex F01c logo, i have to keep trying different ones, until I get the one I want, not sure why in admincp the preview is not working.

Top Bottom