[XFA] Members Map

[XFA] Members Map [Paid] 1.5.3

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Actually i will only port xf1 version to xf2 except compatibility with openstreetmap
Will see after for new features ;)
Any update as to when the XF2 version will become available?
We'd really could use taht for a couple installations.

Is this addon still viable for 1.5x ?

I had to give up what I was using before, and users would like to see the functionality return.

Hi
Members map is in standby currently
I don’t have time to work on.

I hope soon...

Regards

When you do get around to it, please don't forget about my list of suggestions:

Well anyway, here's my list of wants, anyone else is free to add and comment

Item A - Filter by Proximity
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/filter-by-proximity.2358/

1) I would like to have the ability to view all the users within a radius of my location.

2) Additionally, I would like to have the ability to choose a map location and then view all the users within a radius of that location, radius defined by user (in miles, kilometers, etc)

3) For both of these options, I would like the ability to start a conversation with everyone in that selected radius

Item B - method to display multiple users at a common location (and Clarification to end user on information and display of precise location)

This method shows individual pins for all members when you zoom in, this would be preferred I think:
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.p...mber-of-members-in-same-location-on-map.2317/

To expand on this a bit further: it's not intuitively obvious what information is shared and to whom. You can actually enter in your full mailing address and then it will put your pin on the map right on top of your house - it's extremely accurate. That's a privacy concern. This is another thing that Crispin's addon does nicely, it will randomize your location slightly. So both of these items can be covered with this tweak which slightly randomizes everyone's entered location so that if multiple people only enter a city/state, they are not lumped on top of each other and also your pin does not show your actual physical location right down to the street address (if you enter that information)

Item C - Custom Usergroup for Pin
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/custom-map-pin-for-secondary-user-groups.1996/

Item D - Default Usergroup
https://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/default-usergroup-map-display-stats.2316/

Ignore the comment in the thread about info in the stats bar, I don't care about that aspect of this feature personally

This one was not my idea, but it sounds like a good one. What I am thinking is that 1) the ACP Usergroup settings determine which groups show up on the map 2) then you would have a set of check boxes for what groups you want to show on the display 3) when you set these check boxes and click and "update" button, the map and the stats reflect that combination of groups. Then 4) you would set a default "checked" or "unchecked" state for each usergroup in ACP so that when someone goes to the map page, they would see a standard combination of usergroups on the map. 5) if they make changes, those user-specific changes would be retained for X number of hours (so that reloading the map or clicking the "back" button doesn't erase their changes right away)

Or, something along those lines. You might have a better way of doing it...

Item E - Other uses of autocompleted location
I would like to be able to use the location information entered for another purpose - networking within our club. I would like to be able to take the full address information entered into the Location and split that up into custom fields for Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, etc. So whenever the autocomplete location is updated, these fields are also updated.

To be clear, I understand that the location information like this is stored in the xfa_map_location table. I just want to make sure that this table will still be in the XF 2 version, and that I would then have the ability to either map over the information for use in another addon, or just use the information as it is stored.

Hopefully a few of these are simple enough to code into the XF2 version on the fly, but I understand a few of these would be quite a bit of additional work. XF users sorely need a members map addon that does it all, right now the options for addons that do this are quite literally "all over the map"

I think if you really evaluate my suggestions, you will see that they would be valuable to many who use this type of addon. I put a lot of thought into what a community like mine would need out of a map addon, and no one hits the mark completely, or came really close then disappeared

I've been trying to find an alternative as honestly XenFactory seems to have practically ceased any development unfortunately but the only half decent map addon is a free one and thus fairly featureless.

Top Bottom