[XFA] Medias Contest

[XFA] Medias Contest [Paid] 2.0.1

No permission to buy (€12.00)
@XFA @Fredxd I'm trying to decide which one of these to buy, this one or the Media of the Month one. We have XFMG.

This is on the other resource discussion

The difference between both is that Medias contest is a standalone application while MOTM relies on the XenForo Media Gallery.
In Medias Contest we handle the upload so we are able to know which medias were uploaded while in Media Gallery we hook to the code so less flexibility.

We provided the two products following customers request, one is aimed to user that already owns the XenForo Media Gallery and hence would prefer to tweak it to have an MOTM feature and the other to users who want more flexibility and focus on contests, hence without the power of the features to manage medias that are provided by XFMG.

But I wonder if you can expand on the pros and cons a bit. TIA

@XFA @Fredxd I'm trying to decide which one of these to buy, this one or the Media of the Month one. We have XFMG.

This is on the other resource discussion

But I wonder if you can expand on the pros and cons a bit. TIA

The features of the 2 addons are quite similar.

I would say the main advantage of contest is that it does not need to XFMG worked.
So you can use XFMG to a media library and use only contest for the contest.

The advantage of MOTM is that it is older and therefore more mature

It seems to me that there is no additional permissions in MOTM
Everything is managed via options
This does not appear to be correct to me. We need usergroup permissions for who can vote. This addon has it, MOTM does not show that in the options screenshots.

@Fredxd any idea when you could look at the comments I made earlier and when they could be added.

I'm looking to purchase this add on ASAP.

Thanks

Hi
As I said I do not have a habit of giving ETA, it avoids any misunderstandings.
I have a big project to finish for a customer. I think start update by little addons that requires less work to save time

@Fredxd I saw you posted a new release of this thread.

I have now purchased the add on assuming you had corrected the issues in the last release.

If you refer back to post 36 and 37 in this discussion you will see I found an issue with this. You said it would be repaired in the next release, it has not.

When you start a contest members can vote from day 1 even though we have selected the option to only allow voting after the contributing section has closed.

This makes the add on unusable for my members until it has been resolved.

Apart from this we have found a couple of bugs and I will post back here if it helps.

Please can you get back to me when this issue might be resolved.

Thanks

Martin

@Fredxd I saw you posted a new release of this thread.

I have now purchased the add on assuming you had corrected the issues in the last release.

If you refer back to post 36 and 37 in this discussion you will see I found an issue with this. You said it would be repaired in the next release, it has not.

When you start a contest members can vote from day 1 even though we have selected the option to only allow voting after the contributing section has closed.

This makes the add on unusable for my members until it has been resolved.

Apart from this we have found a couple of bugs and I will post back here if it helps.

Please can you get back to me when this issue might be resolved.

Thanks

Martin

Hi I will look that soon
Can you make a new thread in our forum support please for others bugs you have found
Thanks

I have bought this addon and i was a bit derp on the bugs, or maybe just poorly implemented parts, i wasn't expecting it to not fit what i was looking for from what i saw. Oh well.

Last edited:
I have bought this addon and i was a bit derp on the bugs, or maybe just poorly implemented parts, i wasn't expecting it to not fit what i was looking for from what i saw. Oh well.

I am unavailable for 2 weeks (I moved and therefore would have no Internet connection)
So I suggests you to post your requests on our forum, I would answer upon my return

So what you're saying is that MOTM does not incorporate permissions for who can or cannot vote?
index.php

it looks as if you can determine who can and can't vote for MOTM

That's because I paid to have that added :)

There is a bug however related to the number of votes each user has. In the ACP you can set it to anything, 3 for instance. However when voting begins its always 1. You have to manually change the number in the DB table. I've reported it but I don't think it was understood that it is a bug I've duplicated it so it definitely is a bug.

According to you guys feedback this is a great concept contest addon but is poorly supported by the dev's.
A fair and reasonable statement, IMHO, considering bugs raised over 2 months ago, causing purchasers to consider this add-on being a waste of money, have yet to be addressed.

Top Bottom