[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2

[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2 [Paid] 4.4.3

No permission to buy (€15.00)
XFA updated [XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2 with a new update entry:

New features and compatibility to xF2.2

This version is only compatible with XenForo and Media Gallery 2.2

Corrected bugs:
  • Provided compatibility with xF2.2
  • XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'xfa_motm_thread_id' doesn't have a default value error when add-on is disabled
  • MOTM ribbon still displayed in user posts after award timeout
  • In mode 1, no submission post is made when moving a media to the MOTM album

New features:
  • Added vote button...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to enable the MOTM ribbon? My site is Dutch and we have only photo contest every two months

Last edited:
I’m sorry, I had no idea my English is that bad.
I mean I don’t want to use the motm ribbon. is that possible?

It only says WINNER not "Media of the Month" so it still works for non-monthly, and you can disable from avatars so it only appears in the media itself.

You can disable it from the avatars. This way it only shows on the winning media in the corner of the tile (thumbnail). If it won why would you not want it there? You can always add the suggestion. I tried to leave it blank (the text) and it showed a thin red line instead of the banner. Maybe he can remove all the css if left blank.

You could always hide it with your own css.

Last edited:
I don’t want the term MOTM in there because we are Dutch and MOTM is not Dutch at all. And we don’t have only a contest and we have photos in the spotlight without a winner. So that’s why. But it seems now the software is useable for our needs as well so I will purchase it later today. Thanks for your patience.one more question: hopefully members can’t vote on their own media?

Last I checked they can not vote on their own. When you do your spotlight without winners you can just pause the contest. It has a pause function. Etc. You can probably make it work for you different ways.

I just don't know where on the website to look for it. There is too much information for me. Could be a language barrier on my side.

Thanks

Does anyone have a demo of this running on 2.2? Also I read with the latest update for 2.2 a vote button has been added to the lightbox. Is this vote button still visible on smaller mobile displays? I only ask because with XF 2.2 the lightbox sidebar that includes interactions and comments for media items is being hidden for smaller displays instead of being moved below the media, so you can't make use of this on mobile.

Does anyone have a demo of this running on 2.2? Also I read with the latest update for 2.2 a vote button has been added to the lightbox. Is this vote button still visible on smaller mobile displays? I only ask because with XF 2.2 the lightbox sidebar that includes interactions and comments for media items is being hidden for smaller displays instead of being moved below the media, so you can't make use of this on mobile.

Haven't tested on phone. But waiting for it too. So far works fine on xf2.2. Great addon, but hope developer will commit better.

Question,
upload the content of the upload folder from the product zip archive to your forum directory.
So I unzipped the files and uploaded the upload folder but what or where is the forum directory? I've tried a few options like public html, data and styles but it doesn't appear in the add-ons section of the ACP.
Where should it go to? Does any one know?

Question,

So I unzipped the files and uploaded the upload folder but what or where is the forum directory? I've tried a few options like public html, data and styles but it doesn't appear in the add-ons section of the ACP.
Where should it go to? Does any one know?

you should upload all files on www folder .

Top Bottom