[XFA] Forum Sales

[XFA] Forum Sales [Paid] 1.5.1

No permission to buy (€6.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Forum Sales - Simple solution to allow users to sell items through the forums using paypal.

Description
Have you ever searched for a simple sale solution allowing your user to sell their stuff directly from the forums ?

Forum Sales is the solution ! Through a few additional fields to fill-in upon thread creation or edit, your users can start selling their stuff through threads using paypal. You can fine tune who and where sales are possible thanks to usergroup permission and nodes configuration.

This product is also for...

Read more about this resource...

Can PayPal payment be optionable where a person buying it can just meet locally too and pay cash?

Well, no currently not but this should certainly be feasible.

One wondering though is that currently it's used to show the price in the threads lists as well as on the payment button.
So I am not sure whether/how this would in fact fit.

Also, would it be possible to add a feature where the seller is able to upload a file which the buyer will be given access to on purchase? This would all be optional and configurable of course.

Maybe if paypal address is left blank, it starts a convo with seller?

Yes that's a good idea, will consider that.

What would happen in cases of a charge back? Would the website be involved?

What do you mean ?

Also, would it be possible to add a feature where the seller is able to upload a file which the buyer will be given access to on purchase? This would all be optional and configurable of course.

Meaning you'd want multiple users to be able to purchase ? It's not really meant for that, I would recommend using the XF RM along with our Marketplace add-on for that.

No this is for forums.
For the resource manager, we have the RM Marketplace add-on.

Interesting, but lots of questions and perceived discrepancies. Is there a demo, with admin access?

Interesting, but lots of questions and perceived discrepancies. Is there a demo, with admin access?

Nope sorry. A side note though, screenshots are not necessarly done in the same option configuration, it's just to show a snapshop of the capabilities along with the text description.

The first screenshot shows the node edit (or creation) where you select if user can sell in there and if a specific percentage is expressely required in that forum.
Note that if the option (second screenshot) is disabled, the percentage set in the node edit will have no effect.

It's a paypal terminology when dealing with automatic IPN payment processing.
You either use a signature (kind of password keychain) or a certificate (uploaded to your server).

It's the amount of the commission earnt.

Allowed/optional sales, the user has the choice of stating that it's a sale through the thread creation interface.

Exactly.

• https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/thread_edit-png.129747/ does this require the user to have standard xf permissions to edit the thread? Or does the above usergroup permission override core xf's permission? Eg. If a user cannot edit a thread with xf permission, can they still edit it and change the price and/or status with the above new usergroup permission. Which permission manages this functionality?

No if they don't have the right to edit own thread they won't be able to edit the price/status.

Nothing would be written regarding percentage on sales and you would either have a field to input the percentage if the percentage on sales option is active or just nothing.

• "Of course, you can also let your user decide wether they want to donate or not a percentage of the sale as a participation to your website cost". Which user decides this? The seller or the buyer?

The seller of course.

Can I make percentage sales mandatory by usergroup? Eg. for members usergroup I can require x% but for premium members usergroup percentage is optional/0 ?
I'd also suggest a max amount with percentage, so if 5% is defined it could have a max of $10 (sell for $50 it's $2.50, sell for $10,000 it's $10 max).

I think a lot of sellers would get around paying the fee by private messaging each other or meeting up.

Maybe a fixed fee or percentage to actually start an advert thread, take away the tick box as well and make it manditory for the specific forum. Ability to upload images into a little showcase. Postcode/zip code of item location.

A fixed fee option for the current version may be good for many as well.

Can I make percentage sales mandatory by usergroup? Eg. for members usergroup I can require x% but for premium members usergroup percentage is optional/0 ?
I'd also suggest a max amount with percentage, so if 5% is defined it could have a max of $10 (sell for $50 it's $2.50, sell for $10,000 it's $10 max).

Good suggestions, will consider them.

I think a lot of sellers would get around paying the fee by private messaging each other or meeting up.

Maybe a fixed fee or percentage to actually start an advert thread, take away the tick box as well and make it manditory for the specific forum. Ability to upload images into a little showcase. Postcode/zip code of item location.

A fixed fee option for the current version may be good for many as well.

Ah you mean force users to pay before creating their add ?
For the zipcode, images, you have the post text for that, the goal is to keep it simple, I am not wanting to go into a whole classifieds complicated add-on.

So I've installed this but the option to activate it doesn't show up when editing a node.

View attachment 129867

Hum, it's odd, do you see the template modification applied ?

I upgraded to the latest version but the option still doesn't show up? I disabled ******* - Custom Node Icon and Liquipro's Simple Forms, both of which add options to the nodes, but the option for the Forum Sales is still not there. I thought that maybe there was a conflict with those two addons.

Where would I look for the template modification? I've included a screenshot showing that the templates for this modification have been installed.

Capture.webp Capture2.webp Capture3.webp

Good suggestions, will consider them.
Thanks. Will most likely buy if these get added.

Top Bottom