XF 1.2 xf_session table crashing... truncate to fix

I originally posted this in another thread, but thought it might help to start it in a new thread so I can at least help others see how to fix... or kinda fix.

my forum went down and generated a "unavailable message". my host InMotion did a SQL repair, but was unable to get me back up.

I went into my cpanel and truncated the xf_session table and the forum came back up.

I'm still trying to figure out what caused this problem... any suggestions appreciated.

xf_session is one of the few MyISAM tables. Is that table corrupt? Try running a repair in phpmyadmin. Most of XF's tables are InnoDB and don't support repair, but xf_session is MyISAM and can be repaired.

Without a specific error message I can't be sure about the problem though.

I originally posted this in another thread, but thought it might help to start it in a new thread so I can at least help others see how to fix... or kinda fix.

my forum went down and generated a "unavailable message". my host InMotion did a SQL repair, but was unable to get me back up.

I went into my cpanel and truncated the xf_session table and the forum came back up.

I'm still trying to figure out what caused this problem... any suggestions appreciated.

Your forum is going to be busy. You may need memcached and turn session into cache.

Top Bottom