XF2 [S70] Steam Authentication and Integration (Connected Accounts) - NEW: ANALYTICS, XF1...

The addon was great but it seems as the creator abandoned it. :( It's unfortunate.

It seems like it yeah :(

Perhaps there is someone out there who want to create an add-on just like this. Steam is a huge gaming market with a high demand for forums when it comes to (especially) game servers.

I've sent an email to addon creator omar@assadi.co.il and asked if he is still there. and tagging @^Alex.

You could create a new thread in Resource and Add-on Requests for finding developer for new steam addon.
One day, soon TM, I'll bring up the site to make it available for purchase again, but I've got a lot on my plate right now and zero motivation to provide anything other than support for existing customers. The level of piracy by the end was sort of unreal - we're talking about $30 a month in sales, at best for the last 6 months.

One day, soon TM, I'll bring up the site to make it available for purchase again, but I've got a lot on my plate right now and zero motivation to provide anything other than support for existing customers. The level of piracy by the end was sort of unreal - we're talking about $30 a month in sales, at best for the last 6 months.

Very unfortunate to hear this. Hopefully, you can find a way to battle piracy. I can totally understand your reasoning.

Sad to hear it but understandable, I can't speak for others but would personally be more than happy to pay for this to be maintained in the future if you ever change your mind.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available.
I fully understand why you did this and I have always purchased addons myself. However by removing such a good addon and the only one available for XF2, you are making people chose to pirate it as some communities need it. You'd be better just leaving it on the MP to get your $30 a month and tag it unmaintained.

Hmm, I didn't realize the thread was still here even though the resource was deleted.

For anyone still using this addon like myself who also had slow queries caused by it (probably everyone using it), here's the solution. You simply need to add an index to the "xf_steamauth_game_user" table in your forum database.
Assuming you have phpMyAdmin, go into your forum database in it and open that table. Go to the Structure tab for the table, then under Indexes, use "Create an index on [2] columns" (raise it from 1 to 2, then click "Go"). Put in whatever index name you like, it doesn't matter; I went with "user_id_last_updated". For "Index choice", choose "INDEX" instead of "UNIQUE". Then for the two columns select "user_id" and "last_updated". Then click the "Go" button. That's it, done. The lack of an index on those columns is what causes those slow queries.

One day, soon TM, I'll bring up the site to make it available for purchase again
When will this happen?

I'm still using the old XF1 steam addon from addon dev HowlChrgeLaser and want to upgrade to XF2. Unfortunately even if I'm willing to pay 100$ I can't buy this addon. I'll have to hire other devs to develop a new steam addon.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this on this plugin thread, but since it is removed....

There is another plugin out there that does steam for free, it just doesn't migrate from XF1 nor show the Steam account info. I used that and coded the missing things myself.

Anyone else gets the following:

"An error occurred while connecting with Steam. Please try again later."

Anyone else gets the following:

"An error occurred while connecting with Steam. Please try again later."
I haven't noticed any problems lately. Where are you seeing that error? In your server error log in the XF admin panel, or...?

I haven't noticed any problems lately. Where are you seeing that error? In your server error log in the XF admin panel, or...?
Thanks for your reply. Apparently my API key got reset. No idea how but it did. Worked after inserting a new one.

Does anyone know if I can require members to set a password on registration through Steam?

Never mind, fixed it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom