XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Does anyone now if XenPorta 2 addon work with XFMG? I have a bunch of videos already setup in Xenforo's official Media Gallery so we need to stay with that. Can i use XenPorta 2 to elevate XFMG video posts to featured articles?

Each porta-article-item is sticked like glue next to each other instead of having empty space between them, how can I fix this?

Mine:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yours:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We are testing this addon after purchasing for XF2.1, its really a big step up from our XF 1.5.

However, we have noted that threads that are RSS fed into a forum aren't being auto promoted as they were in XF1.5. Are we missing an option somewhere?

We are testing this addon after purchasing for XF2.1, its really a big step up from our XF 1.5.

However, we have noted that threads that are RSS fed into a forum aren't being auto promoted as they were in XF1.5. Are we missing an option somewhere?
There is no longer an auto-promotion system. The auto-promotion system is why the old version was so slow.

What you could do, is write a script that creates a promotion whenever an RSS fed thread is created. But dynamically created promotions are no longer in.

What you could do, is write a script that creates a promotion whenever an RSS fed thread is created. But dynamically created promotions are no longer in.

Thanks @Jaxel just realised we use your calendar as well. Both great addons - thanks for them. Would you write such a script for us as paid development?

Next question - can you create two portals with a forum, we want one for "News and Articles" and Ideally a second one for "Videos and Podcasts". Is this possible? Or would you just suggest using a "Videos and Podcasts" Category?

Last edited:
Hello @Jaxel

I have been using xenporta for a long time and are generally satisfied with the functionality. Two things are missing:

I have a large collection of videos. The whole thing is organized through XenForo Media Gallery. I also have private content, access to which is organized using XenForo Resource Manager. It would be very nice if you could selectively send all this to the main page of the site using xenporta.

I merged two XenPorta Articles with another Thread, and deleted the thread starters for the two Articles. I then re-promoted the resulting Thread to an Article.

Now, when on Page 2 or higher of any article, I see post 1 from the forum (as literally the frist post on the forum), rather than the article. Apparently XenPorta doesn't handle the merge and/or the thread starter post deletions.

ETA: Compeltely uninstalled (which should have removed all data) nand resinstalled and still having this issue. Is this a known issue in XF 2.1.2 maybe? Also did that yesterday and just noticed this today.

Last edited:
I cant reproduce the issue on ANY of my sites.
Looking at MyPHPAdmin, the first_post_id is set to 1 for the thread above, which is why this is happening. Seems there are about 25 other threads that have had their first_post_id reset to 1. I can set them back to work around the issue, then on to get a consistent repro of how this is happening.

ETA: Looks like a recent update to a change date addon is setting first_post_id to 1. Manually fixed these and rolling back that update. Thanks!

Last edited:
@Jaxel I get many different errors like the one provided below. I upgraded to Xenforo 2.1.2 and upgraded to XenPorta 2 Pro 2.1.0.2

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: Macro public:EWRporta_article_macros:article_post is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:586
Generated by: Unknown account May 5, 2019 at 11:19 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro public:EW...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 586, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(586): trigger_error('Macro public:EW...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(700): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'EWRporta_articl...', 'article_post')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s18/public/EWRporta_article_view.php(119): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('EWRporta_articl...', 'article_post', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1374): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('EWRporta_articl...', Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s18/public/thread_view.php(255): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:EWRporta...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "/threads/millican-indy-press-release.42277/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/millican-indy-press-release_42277/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Hey guys, I just installed XP2 but I don't have a promote thread option when I click the drop down button on my thread. I made myself an author and logged in to my board. How do I fix this?

Top Bottom