XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Those who have purchased XenPorta before (for xf1) have to pay $40 again for the upgrade?

Wasn't XenPorta for XF1 free? I don't know if it changed at some stage but I'm fairly certain it was free. Begrudging paying £30 for the amount of effort this must've taken to rewrite seems a bit crappy to be honest.

Where would you suggest me to install my forums (under root or a folder like /community/) if I'm wanting this setup below? @Jaxel

Home / (XenPorta) - how do you remove the link /ewr-porta/ so it's just /
Forums - /forums/

Thanks

Does anyone have a demo for this portal I am going to be starting a new forum next month and I would like to see a live demo?

Great stuff! Was waiting for the XF2 version and purchased this right away. Very easy to integrate.

I have come across an issue though, where the image boundaries extends beyond the article box on the portal. The images are embedded from the Media Gallery. Any ideas on where or how this can be rectified and contain the image within the article box boundary?

1514865845208.webp

Just bought the add on. Glad to see it released. I had the brand free on the previous XenPorta, do I need to purchase it again, or does it roll over @Jaxel?

How do you even feature a thread? Don't see any option to do so. I selected a category to feature but nothing happens, also can't tell how you do it manually.

How do you even feature a thread? Don't see any option to do so. I selected a category to feature but nothing happens, also can't tell how you do it manually.

Have you set permissions?If you have then you should see the options to manually promote/feature threads.

@Jaxel , I get the feeling you're going to get all the same questions a million times and would strongly suggest an FAQ before this gets out of hand again.

Is there anyway to point a whole forum to be promoted automatically? Basically the old RecentNews block?

Still can't figure this out if anyone's got any suggestions? Not sure if I'm missing an option somewhere or if it's not possible.

Having to manually promote everything would seem like a regression from XP1.

Must be missing something
Still can't figure this out if anyone's got any suggestions? Not sure if I'm missing an option somewhere or if it's not possible.

Having to manually promote everything would seem like a regression from XP1.

I just set the forums in the settings admin.php?options/groups/EWRporta/
Screen Shot 01-02-18 at 04.32 PM_LI.webp

As Jaxel explained, that doesn't automatically promote anything. It just ticks the "promote" box when a new thread is posted. The author still needs to do all the promotion stuff and "manually" promote it.

I basically want something like the old RecentNews widget that'll pull all threads from a forum and promote them to the portal.

Top Bottom