XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Anyone know where to find this phrase or in a template? We have setup our navigation to be a new posts widget so would like to change “navigation” to be “new posts”.

328B6D24-3AE3-441C-991C-31BD76846150.webp

Nope. That was a bug in the XF1 version, so it was a top priority in this XF2 version. So if it's happening on your forum, its due to another addon conflict.
Did you try it with the default skin?
Hi - I ended up not using Xenporta due to this issue, but am coming back to test this with XF 2.1 and Xenporta 2.1.0.1

Unfortunately I'm seeing the exact same behavior even with all Add-ons (including 1st party add-ons) disabled and using 100% Default Style.

Here are my Xenporta settings (all disabled except use custom article format):

Note: I'm not using simple comments or author byline which I believe are enabled by default. This issue only repros with simple comments turned off

I'm simply replying to an article and the article post is duplicated below the article as a standard post (only happens with first "comment"). Has anyone seen this?

I'm running XF health check so all my XF files are fine, all add-ons are disabled except for Xenporta, and I'm using 100% Default Style (created new default style and switched to it), so I can't think of anything else that could be causing this.

Can someone please attempt to repro with the above settings? Otherwise, back on the scrap pile it goes. Thanks!

Steps to repro:
  1. Disable all Xenporta settings except Enable custom article layout (see above) - make sure Enable Simple comments is disabled.
  2. Promote thread with no replies to Article
  3. Post first reply to Article
Expected behavior:
  • Comment post is displayed immediately below article
Actual behavior:
  • Article post is duplicated below Article as a post, then the comment post is displayed below the duplicate original post

Last edited:
Been using this add-on for years, and am using the 2.0 version currently.

I recently started having a problem, and I cannot pinpoint when it started occurring. In Firefox (and Firefox only) clicking on the "Features" rotating banner does not forward me to the proper thread. The link does not function.

I have tried "safe mode" in Firefox and the links still do not work. The banner works fine, I can mouse-over the banner and see the proper link, I can even right-click on the banner and "open link in new tab" and it works properly. I just can't click on it.

The banner and links work fine in Chrome or Edge. I am just experiencing this problem with Firefox.
Featured slider: I am having the same issue with Chrome newest version on desktop. Works fine on IE on same machine. Chrome I can see the link is there and I can open in a new tab but simply clicking is not working. I have popups and redirects allowed in the settings. Anyone else having an issue?

Thanks for fixing the double post issue when simple comments disabled. I am now able to use your add-on and it's looking great!

Now that I'm using it more, I've identified another bug:

Your add-on is not respecting this setting being disabled in ACP > Options > Logging:

I have this setting disabled and "last edited" message still displayed on posts displayed as XenPorta Articles, e.g.:

ETA: the repro on this is a little tricky since if you disable this setting and then edit the post, XF doesn't store this data therefore XenPorta doesn't display the last edit. You have to view a post that was edited while this setting was enabled, then disable it. In this case, XF does not display the last edited date even though it exists. Xenporta does.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feature requests:
  1. Enable Auto-Promote to Article for RSS feeder importer threads (using default settings since automated)
  2. Mass Promote to article (using default settings) using inline thread moderation (e.g. select all > Promote to article)
  3. Ability to "Delete" an article from the thread (... > Delete Article)

Last edited:
Article View Question: what does this do in Articles list:

I assumed it meant it would filter prefixes (e.g. I could type prefix in Filter then check box to filter prefix rather than title), but it appears to have no discernible function.

Article View Feature Requests:
  1. Would be nice to show prefix in Article list all allow filtering on them
  2. Would be nice one of these two links to link to the actual article (probably the date)

Bug: If a thread is closed with 0 comments, you get a duplicate "Not open for further replies" notice (with simple comments disabled):

Top Bottom