XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO [Paid] 2.1.1.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi @Jaxel,

I have just purchased XenMedio for XF 2.1.
I am doing an import from XF 1.5.
Unfortunately there are no importers available for XenMedio when I go in the Admin / Tools import section of the admin panel.
I had importers for the XenPorta 2 upgrade but not for this add-on.

Is it something you forgot in the XenMedio 2.1 package?

Thanks

David

Install the XF2.0 version first... then run the importer... then upgrade to XF2.1 version.

Hi Jaxel,
Ouha... It makes me to do the job twice :-((
Not convenient at all for a so large forum like mine with a lot of development job for the upgrade.
Do you mean that in XF 2.0 the importer will be visible and it is not the case in XF2.1?
There is no alternatives from you to expect in a near future?
Thanks
David

Well XF2.1 isn't officially out yet... I didn't want to do the importer for it yet if things changed.

hi @Jaxel , I'm having an issue with XenMedio and the Using DigitalOcean Spaces or Amazon S3 for file storage in XF 2.x, that can't generate thumbnail for video. It did create the "media" folder on Amazon S3 and I see the thumbnail there, but it can't callback to my forum.

I have the same issue with XenPorta2, regarding setting featured image for portal slider. Could you please take a look? Thank you!
@Jaxel please take a look at this issue whenever you have time. Thank you!

@Jaxel please take a look at this issue whenever you have time. Thank you!
Replace the function in Entity\Media.php:
Code:
    public function getImage($high = true)
    {
        if ($high && file_exists(\XF::getRootDirectory().'/data/media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg'))
        {
            return 'data/media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg';
        }
        else if (file_exists(\XF::getRootDirectory().'/data/media/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg'))
        {
            return 'data/media/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg';
        }

return 'styles/8wayrun/medio/_'.$this->Service->service_type.'.jpg';
    }
With:
Code:
    public function getImage($high = true)
    {
        if ($high && file_exists(\XF::getRootDirectory().'/data/media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg'))
        {
            return $this->app()->applyExternalDataUrl('media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg', true);
        }
        else if (file_exists(\XF::getRootDirectory().'/data/media/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg'))
        {
            return $this->app()->applyExternalDataUrl('media/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg', true);
        }

}

Tell me if that fixes it.

Last edited:
My existing code of this part is:

Code:
    public function getImage()
    {
        if (file_exists(\XF::getRootDirectory().'/data/media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg'))
        {
            return 'data/media/high/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg';
        }
        {
            return 'data/media/'.$this->media_id.'.jpg';
        }

}

I tried to replace with your proposed code but still doesn't work.

As I notice, it still create the thumbnail on Amazon S3 (screenshot attached), but somehow can't getback to forum.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 7.09.14 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 7.09.14 PM.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
Try the updated code... also, where are the files going on your server? Do you delete them after they get uploaded to S3?

Try the updated code... also, where are the files going on your server? Do you delete them after they get uploaded to S3?
No, they are uploaded directly to S3. I have the same issue with setting thumbnail for featured articles on XenPorta2. Please check that as well.

Btw, what do you mean by "updated code"?

Thank you!

You're going to have to do some of your own coding on this one then. You'll need to check for file existence on AWS.

You're going to have to do some of your own coding on this one then. You'll need to check for file existence on AWS.
The file (thumbnail) actual exists on AWS, but someshow can't display on the forum.

I ask @Chris D on this thread and here's his respond:

If an add-on isn’t uploading to or reading from AWS then it means they haven’t been using the abstracted file system properly.

The tools are there. It’s entirely up to add on developers to use them and they really should be.

Does that help? I think there're many people here use your addon and store data on AWS as well, so they might face this issue. Please help! Thank you 🙏

No, it doesn't help... because its unrelated to the issue. The use of the abstracted file system is fixed in the code I posted above...

However, we use file exist checking to know which version of the thumbnail to show (or the default placeholder). We can't use file exist checking with AWS; which is why you'll have to do your own coding there.

No, it doesn't help... because its unrelated to the issue. The use of the abstracted file system is fixed in the code I posted above...

However, we use file exist checking to know which version of the thumbnail to show (or the default placeholder). We can't use file exist checking with AWS; which is why you'll have to do your own coding there.
Is it possible to upload thumbnail of media directly to our server, rather than AWS? Because of the thumb is not so heavy, so we can keep at our own server. So sorry I'm not a tech guys so ... :(

Again, that would be for you to take care of... because the uploading uses the abstracted file system, and your AWS addon modifies it.

Top Bottom