XF2 [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.3

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is there any way to display the categories always expanded when creating an event?
I think the solution can be found in these lines.

<h2 class="block-formSectionHeader">
<span class="collapseTrigger collapseTrigger--block{{ $categories ? ' is-active' : '' }}"
data-xf-click="toggle" data-target="< :up :next">
<span class="block-formSectionHeader-aligner">{{ phrase('categories') }}</span>
</span>
</h2>

<div class="block-body block-body--collapsible{{ $categories ? ' is-active' : '' }} atendo-category-form">
<xf:if is="$categories is not empty">
<xf:checkboxrow>
<xf:foreach loop="$categories" value="$category">
<xf:option name="catlinks[{$category.category_id}]" value="{$category.category_id}"
selected="true" label="{$category.category_name}" />
</xf:foreach>
</xf:checkboxrow>
</xf:if>
<xf:if is="$nonCategories is not empty">
<xf:checkboxrow>
<xf:foreach loop="$nonCategories" value="$category">
<xf:option name="catlinks[{$category.category_id}]" value="{$category.category_id}"
selected="false" label="{$category.category_name}" />
</xf:foreach>
</xf:checkboxrow>
</xf:if>
</div>

This is basically impossible to use this add-on. I don't have any API, I don't even know what API is. That is crazy. I looked it up, but this so complicated, this google cloud services or whatever, completely outside of scope for an average user.

WTF :eek::mad:🤬

Last edited:
XenForo is a software for admins and not for users. ;)
Its quite simple to generate and insert google api in this add-on. Just read and follow the instructions.
Average admin, then. :LOL:
And can you tell me please where are the instructions hidden? 🤯

Thanks @mcatze but this is too complicated for me. I have my doubts I will get trough this on my own. I just want to have that map to display there in the calendar. Now I have to spend at least one week learning what some "Cloud Platform Products" is.

And it looks like I have to register for some payed services. I wonder how much I will have to pay just for the option to have map displayed in the calendar. 😵

And it looks like that API is only for certain website. But now I am using only testing website, password protected. This is just even worse. I don't think i can make it work. :(

It is on the top of the page, asking me to activate Google developer console. See here.

I have created some API key, I don't know how, but it doesn't work anyways. It looks like this:

@mcatze I managed to do it somehow. Thanks a lot for help.(y):)

But now on the map there is no Scroll Zoom. I have to press +- to zoom. There should be maybe an option gestureHandling: 'greedy' for iframe?
Anyone knows how to fix this please?

It doesn't work again. I used it only once to create one event and I have already exceeded my daily request quota for this API .😵:eek:🤬

I had to activate Google developer console afterall, give them my cc number and it works now.

Last edited:
Your struggle to get Google maps API working for you is not the fault of this addon, but due to the fact that Google made it a bit harder to implement Google maps. Other than that, you need to generate quite some api calls before you get charged with anything.

@Jaxel: are there any plans regarding the suggestion of creating a simple RSVP button users can actually find?

Not sure is this is just a problem on my end or if anyone else has this issue.

I am using 2.1.0.1.

When I click on RSVP and try to make a selection (yes,no,maybe) I get the "your settings have been saved" message, but the actual box is not checked. If I refresh the page, the selection box is now checked.

Top Bottom