XF2 [8WR] Database Backup

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup [Paid] 2.1.0.8

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Jaxel

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

XF2 [8WR] Database Backup - Automatic database backups. Add-on from 8WAYRUN.

Back by popular demand, is my backup system. I wasn't planning on releasing this one, but a lot of people asked me for it, since there weren't any other solutions for XF2. This addon will run a scheduled backup of your XenForo database.

Before you buy this addon however, you must be aware of a few requirements. This addon uses PHP's exec command to run MySQL's mysqldump...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, will this back up the database if the files are on a different server to the that of the database?

As per Brogan in this thread, apparently Cron Entries aren't typically editable in XF2. Any way that you can integrate a schedule changer in the Add-On's options? I'm going to attempt building a new cron entry for this, as I'd prefer to have my backups more frequent.

Do I understand it correctly that this addon only backups the database but not the files?
Can you also add an option to backup the directory/files?

Basically mimicking @SneakyDave 's excellent XF1 ForumBackup addon would be great.
For example having an option to set the amount of copies to keep would be great. Like after 10 copies it deletes the oldest file automatically.

Last edited:
Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Database Backup with a new update entry:

2.0.0.2 - CHANGELOG

• You can now back up your XenForo file structure, in addition to the database!
    • The default custom dump options for the file structure is set up to exclude the /internal_data/backups directory, so that you don't backup your backups.
    • This process uses tar and I have only tested it on my own Linux server. I don't know what will happen on Windows servers.
  • Database backups will now automatically handle it if your database is on a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Database Backup with a new update entry:

2.0.0.3 - CHANGELOG

• Added an option to automatically delete older backups based on a numerical retention limit.
  • Added the ability to do automatic remote uploads via FTP to another server after backup. This process happens AFTER the forums have been re-opened, so it should not add any extra download to your website. Only backup files themselves are uploaded; not any log files. These remote uploads are not subject to the new retention limit option.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Jaxel can you please add screenshots of the FTP options for this addon? Also what kind of retention possibilities are there on the files "stored" after backup?

The retention options are the same as the mysql dumps.

View attachment 179899

And is this cron controlled? So if I want to do backup lets say every second hour, I can do that? Or every 4 hour if needed.

Just want to make sure basic functionality from my current setup With mysqldumper and cron on the server it self can be kept With this addon as well.

I think there is a small bug.

When a forum is closed, and the backup runs, after it the addon opens the forum again.

It doesn't respect that it was closed before, so it should stay closed again after the backup runs.

Very simple question but how can I restore the backup of database ? Does Cpanel database restore feature support this database backup format ?

Top Bottom