XF 2.0 XF1 add-ons uninstalling

Nirjonadda

I have upgrade XF2 and Now I am thinking some XF1 add-ons uninstall. Does safe uninstalling xf1 add-ons and their files? What about the database table? Does automatically removed their table?

Code:
If you choose to uninstall a legacy add-on, any database alterations will remain.

If you choose to uninstall a legacy add-on, any database alterations will remain. So no. And files aren't removed automatically either.

If it's something that concerns you I can only recommend leaving things as they are until such a time that the developer releases an XF2 version of the add-on. At which point you'd then be able to upgrade (if only to then uninstall).

XF2 code has no understanding of XF1 code and so it cannot read or find any installation files created by the old add-on. To identify those tables, you'd have to ask the original developer of the add-on.

If it's something that concerns you I can only recommend leaving things as they are until such a time that the developer releases an XF2 version of the add-on. At which point you'd then be able to upgrade (if only to then uninstall).

XF2 code has no understanding of XF1 code and so it cannot read or find any installation files created by the old add-on. To identify those tables, you'd have to ask the original developer of the add-on.

Yeah but it's not going to mess with any of the XF2 code is it? Some stranded database tables aren't going to be a big deal. If so can you explain how? I forgot to uninstall my add ons before upgrading as well but I can't see how some stranded db tables will get in the way of my site operating in the future. So that's not how you mean that right?

The db tables aren't connected to Xenforo 2 code are they? Since it's a complete rewrite I assume they literally are just 'stranded' db tables or am I wrong?

You ca. Just leave the XF1 add ons there when you upgrade. In fact it’s recommended.

I’m sure some of the add ons are going to eventually be updated for XF2 so when that happens you’ll be able to upgrade.

Nothing to worry about at all.

Top Bottom